Chapter 15

Warning: mentions of rape; lots of fluff

"Lance, I'm pregnant."

Lance stared at me, his eyes wide. Then he growled at me. "Are you going to keep it?" He asked angrily. I looked him in the eyes. I had no idea what to tell him, because I wanted to. I wanted to keep it. "Answer the damn question, Keith!" He yelled. "Yes! Yes, I'm going to keep it!" I said, tears welling up behind my eyes. I refused to cry though. I had done enough of that.

Lance nodded, turned away from me, and marched into the castle. I fell to my knees and couldn't hold the tears back. I clutched my stomach and sobbed. I sobbed for my child and I sobbed for losing my mate. I didn't hear anyone walking behind me, but I flinched when a hand touched my shoulder. I turned my head and Pidge was standing next to me, Shiro behind her, and Hunk right next to her.

Pidge got on her knees and wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back and cried into her neck. "Shiro, what are we going to do?" I heard Hunk ask. "I'm going to kill Lance." Shiro stated angrily. I shot up and moved in front of Shiro. "NO! You can't! You can't kill him!" I cried. Shiro gave me a look of sympathy. "Keith..." Hunk said. I shook my head. "You can't kill him. I don't care if he hates me. I'll be fine. But Altea needs its prince. They will wage a war against us if you kill Lance. Allura already doesn't like me, what are we going to tell her? 'Oh, yeah, by the way, we killed your brother because he hates me because I'm keeping the baby of my rapist, don't try to wage a war on us.'" I said.

"Keith, he doesn't hate you. He just needs time." Hunk said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I shook it off. "I don't care if he hates me. He can hate me for as long as we live, but I am keeping this baby." I said firmly. This baby was a part of me, I'm going to keep it, no matter what. "They aren't telling you to get rid of it, Keith. They're telling you to give Lance time to come around to the idea that you are pregnant and it's not his." Pidge says. "You know Lance, he's as stubborn as a mule, but he loves you too much to lose you over you keeping the child of your rapist." I nodded.

"I don't need time, Pidge. What I need to know, is why?" Lance's voice says from behind me. I turned around and stared into Lance's eyes. His blue eyes were shining and red, like he had just stopped crying. "Why are you going to keep the baby, Keith? After everything he's put you through, why would you keep it?" Lance asks. "Because it's a part of me. I don't care who the father is, because he is never going to see my child. This child will never know who their father is. They will only know you, if you stay, that is." I said hopefully.

Lance nodded. "I'll stay. I can't lose you. I've already lost you twice, I'm not doing it again, especially for you being pregnant." I smiled, tears falling down my cheeks again. Lance wrapped me in his arms and kissed the top of my head. "Thank you, Lance. Thank you so much for not hating me." I said. Lance cupped my cheeks and brought my head up so he could look into my eyes. "Keith, you have nothing to thank me for. I shouldn't have gotten so mad about you wanting to keep the baby, it's your body, you can do what you want with it." I rolled my eyes at him and smiled, leaning up to place a quick kiss to his lips.

"Great. Now their being all lovey dovey again. Egh." Pidge exclaims. I turn around and stick my tongue out at her. "You know, I could think of a couple of things you can do with that tongue instead of sticking it out at her." Lance says playfully. My cheeks heat up and I hide my face in my hands as everyone laughs. "Come on, let's get inside and let Keith get some sleep. He's had a pretty long day." Shiro says. We all nodded and walked inside.

"I'm going to go lay down now. See y'all later." I said tiredly. There was a chorus of goodnights. "I'll come with you, make sure you actually make it there." Lance said, grabbing my hand and walking with me up the stairs and to my room. Lance laid down on my bed, spread out on his back. I pouted and said, "Lance, move." He shook his head and pulled me to him. I sighed and climbed on top of him, laying my head on his chest. I looked up at him and he smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled back and softly kissed him.

"Go to sleep. You've had a long six months, now you get to relax and let me take care of you." Lance said. I nodded and kissed him again, then laid my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat lulling me to sleep. "Goodnight, Keith. I love you." Lance said softly, kissing the top of my head. I fell asleep a few seconds later. 

_______________________________________

Hey guys! Two chapters in a day, wow. I actually didn't think I'd make it. I just finished my final when I started writing this, so here it is, hope y'all liked it!

I was thinking of doing a Q&A for this story if it gets to 335 reads by next week. If y'all want me to do that, comment any questions you have for me, or, if you want, they can be for the characters. They can be about anything you want to know, other than my house address, obviously.

Anyway, thanks for reading and all your support!