Chapter 20

Lance's POV

Keith just finished eating and decided it would be a good time to take a nap. I nodded and as soon as he left the kitchen, I left to find Shiro. I found him in the throne room, looking over some papers. I cleared my throat to let him know I was there. He looked up and motioned me to walk over to him.

"What is it, Lance?" He asked, going back to his papers. I scratched the back of my neck, not really knowing how to say what I came in here for. I took a deep breath and blurted out, "I want to go after Lotor." Shiro snapped his head up. "You what now?"

"I want to go after Lotor. Keith has his whole life to live, and he can't do that with the fear of Lotor getting to him again." Shiro sighs. "Lance, I know that. But we can't break our promise to Keith."

"Shiro, he's having nightmares. He can't live like this. It's not good for him or the baby. I'm worried about him, Shiro. I'm worried that he's going to stop sleeping. Or he'll go to sleep and never wake up. Shiro, I can't see him like this, and I know it's killing you to see him like this." I said, tears welling up in my eyes. "Lance. You know I would do anything for my brother, but I can't break this promise. But, I have an idea." I raised one of my eyebrows in curiosity. "What if we get your sister to help." He said in complete confidence. I hesitated. "I don't know if she'll help. Sure she hates Lotor about as much as we do, but she also hates Keith, so I highly doubt she'll do anything to help him."

"Yes, but, this would be helping you. Or so she'd think." Shiro smirked at me. "I guess it could work, but what would we tell her?" Just then, the door opened. I spun around to make sure it wasn't Keith. It was only Pidge and Hunk. "We tell her Lotor tried to kill you. He wanted Keith, and you got in the way." Pidge said. I shook my head. "No, that wouldn't work, that would only make her hate Keith even more." Pidge shrugged and plopped onto the ground. "Why does your sister hate him anyway? He hasn't done anything to her." Hunk asked. I shrugged. "Who knows? It's Allura, there's no telling why she hates anyone."

"Why don't we just tell her the truth? Tell her it's for your own wellbeing so you aren't worrying yourself to death about whether or not Keith will be kidnapped again or not." Hunk suggested. I thought about it for a few minutes. "That actually might work, Hunk. Thanks!" I said. Hunk nodded.

Just then, the door opened again. "You're highness!" Yelled one of the maids. Shiro looked at her. "What is it, Abigail?" She looked at me frantically, almost hesitating saying what was wrong in my presence. "What's wrong? Is it Keith?!" I asked worriedly. She nodded. "Well, out with it. What happened?" Shiro said, trying to stay calm and clearly failing. "H-he left the castle." The maid said. Pidge, Hunk, Shiro and I all looked at each other in confusion. "Did he say where he was going?" Pidge asked.

Abigail shook her head. "Not really, he said he had to get to the father? I'm not sure what he meant, but he left." Shiro and I gave each other terrified looks. "Lance, go check in his room." I nodded and ran to Keith's room. My heart was pounding to see what I would find. When I got there, I opened the door to see...

_______________________________________

Hey guys, sorry this chapter is so short, but I wanted to do a cliffhanger. I know, cliffhangers are very annoying, but I like the suspense.