Chapter 7

Lance's POV

I went straight to the throne room, knowing my sister was going to be in there. I burst through the doors and say, "Allura!"

She turns to me. "Allura, I don't care what you have to say about it, but I am marrying Keith!" I said, walking up to her. "No, you aren't he was already arranged to marry Prince Lotor. You know that, and I wouldn't want the prince of Galra to rule Altea anyway. The answer is no." She says, crossing her arms.

I heard footsteps behind me, and a hand was placed on my shoulder. "Lance. It's fine. It's not like you could have actually married me even if Allura did say yes." He says softly. I turned to him. "I don't care. I would find a way anyway. You are my soulmate, prince or not, from Galra or from Marmora. I don't care, I love you for you, Keith." I placed my hand on his cheek. He moved back. "Lance, you know that isn't how it works. I have no memory of my mother. I mean, she could have been royal, but I don't know. The only thing I knew about her was her name. Other than that, my father knew everything about her, and he's gone." Keith looks at me with a sad face and goes to leave. I grab his wrist. "Keith, what was her name? So I can tell those of the high heavens to watch out for her." I say, smiling sadly at him.

"Her name was Krolia." He says, tears going down his cheeks. We heard the ruffling of clothes and turned around to see Allura had stood up. "Krolia?! Am I hearing right? Her name was Krolia?" She said, shocked. "Yes, Krolia Kogane." Allura strides up to us and raises her hand. Keith flinches and hides in my chest.

Allura back away, still at arm's length, and lays her hand gently on Keith's head. "Yes, you look just like her. How could I have missed it?" She says softly. I looked at her confused. "Allura? Do you know his mom?" She shakes her head. "No, I've only seen her once, and that was right before the Galra attacked. Krolia was pregnant at the time, and no one knew how. We found out later that she had given birth during the fight and the baby was never seen since then. She died two days later, and our mother the same day. They were best friends" Allura said, trying to hold back tears. "And now, after years of searching, he stands here with my brother as the prince of Galra."

Keith looks up at her, then to me. "My dad hadn't said anything about that. I guess it's because he was ashamed. Up until I was about three, we lived in the village of Marmora in Galra. He never told me about my mother, never had any pictures. Now I know why. It's because he wasn't supposed to be with her."

"Then let's carry on your parents legacy. We should get married, although we aren't supposed to, we should honor your parents. I bet you we could find something we can use to incorporate both into your outfit, and then I can wear the traditional Altean wedding attire, combined with a little bit of Galra." I said, looking down at Keith, hopeful. Allura cut in. "No, even if he is the son of Krolia, I will not tolerate the prince of Galra to help rule Altea." My smile fell. "Why not? Krolia was part Galra, and mom was her best friend. Mom didn't care and even then the Galra hated us. Dad didn't have a problem with it, otherwise he wouldn't have let Krolia near our mom, but now that he's the prince you hate him? Because if that's what it is, so what? He was adopted by the king, and he has to get passed Shiro and his family before he can even take the throne, if they even let him since he technically was never prince in the first place!"

Allura looked shocked. "Well, in that case, it's a definite no. You know you can't marry a commoner, Lance. It's the law. It's how it is. I'm sorry, Lance, but even if I did say yes, no one in either kingdom would accept it." She said solemnly. There were three pairs of footsteps coming up behind us, I knew it was Hunk, Pidge and Shiro. They must have heard everything. "I'm sorry, Lance. Allura's right. Keith isn't of actual royal blood." Shiro says, pulling Keith away from me and towards himself despite the fact that Keith had a death grip on my shirt. "Hold on. Pidge, do you have a computer or something with you?" I asked. She looked at me like I had grown two heads. "What do you take me for, huh?! Of course I have my laptop." She said, slapping the back of my head.

"Can you look up Keith's mom? Please? See who she was." Pidge nodded, plopped down, and started searching.

"Keith, why don't you help her, maybe looking at a picture will help you remember what she looks like. I mean, Allura did say you look just like your mom." I suggested. Keith nodded, let go of my shirt, and plopped down next to Pidge.

"Lance, what are you trying to accomplish from this?" Hunk asked. "Well, if my suspicions are right, Keith actually is a royal. He said he grew up as a commoner, but that doesn't mean his mom was one. For all we know, she could have been a roy-" "FOUND HER!" Pidge said, cutting me off. I glared at her, then said, "Who was she?" We all asked.

"Well, for one, she's half Galra and half Altean, which means Keith here is 1/3 Altean. It also says her parents were Zarkon and Honerva, the King and Queen of Galra before the Shiroganes took over. It says that she rebelled against her parents a few days after her brother, Lotor, was born and she ran away to her mother's home kingdom, Altea. Eleven years after that, the Galra attacked and she was killed in the battle by Commander Ulaz-" Keith cut her off. "Wait. Say that name again?" We all looked at him curiously. "Commander Ulaz?" Pidge questioned.

A fresh wave of tears came to Keith's face. "Keith, do you know who Commander Ulaz is?" He nodded and looked down. "Yeah. He basically helped raised me before my dad and I moved into the castle. He was my dad's best friend."

I walked over to him and crouched down. "I'm sorry, Keith." I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. "I am so sorry that the person you saw as a parent killed your mom."

_______________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry this is so late, I started my college classes a few weeks back and only really have time to write this when I don't have anything to do. I promise I will get the eighth chapter up soon, but until then, enjoy this chapter and enjoy your day(s)!