Chapter 9

Warning: Someone telling Keith it was his fault his father died, and then a little bit of self-hate, and a threat is made. 

_______________________________________

Lance's POV (Not going to bore y'all with the ride there, so time skip)

When we arrived at Shiro's dad's house, the drive dropped us off, then left. This is also Keith's father, technically. I'm nervous. I'm meeting my soulmates father figure, and that is kind of nerve wracking. What if he doesn't like me because of my father? I thought.

My worry must have been obvious on my face because Hunk put his arm around my shoulder. "Lance, don't worry too much. It's not like you were the one that killed Keith's father, and Shiro's dad's friend..." Hunk trailed off. I glared up at him. "No, I didn't, but my dad did. What if he hates me because of something my father did?!" I shouted.

"Lance! Shh. You are going to wake Keith up- and too late." Shiro said.

"'Kashi, where are we?" Keith asked, looking up at Shiro, then looking around. A look of recognition came across his face. "NIKI!!!" Keith shouts, jumping down from his brother's arms, with a little bit of trouble. Keith lands on his face, gets up, and sprints to the door. Keith enthusiastically knocks on the door. An elderly man opens it, and Keith throws himself at him.

"Hey, Kit." The elderly man says in a low southern accent, laughing from Keith's antics. The man looks up and nods at Shiro and Pidge. "Hello Takashi, Katie. Hello." Pidge waves and Shiro nods to his father.

"I'm sorry, but who are your two with my sons and goddaughter?" Nikolas asked. "Niki, these are our friends!" Keith exclaims. He points at me. "That's Prince Lance of Altea," he gestures to Hunk, "and that's Hunk Garrett, his best friend/ adviser." He explains. Nikolas nodded, then glared at me. "I sure hope you aren't like your father, Prince Lance. He was a terrible, terrible man." He said. I shrunk back behind Hunk.

"Hey! Stop it, your scaring him! He isn't like King Alfor, or his sister Allura. Actually, Niki, we have something to tell you about Lance and me." Keith says the last part quietly, almost as if he's afraid of Nikolas. Okay, that's weird Keith was all excited, then he was super scared of Nikolas? What's going on? I thought.

"Kit, what is it? You look scared. What do you have to tell me about you and the prince?" Nikolas asked softly. Keith took a shaky breath. "Lance and I. We're soulmates, Niki." Nikolas froze, then his gaze softened towards me and he hugged Keith tight. "That's fine, Kit. As long as he treats you right, that's all that matters." His gaze hardened at me once again. "You are treating him correctly, yes?" He asked, some venom lacing his voice. I squeaked and hid behind Hunk again, remembering what happened just a few hours ago.

"Alright, that's enough of the scaring, Nik. You're going to kill the poor boy with your gaze alone." A sweet said from the inside of the house. An elderly woman walks out of the house and takes Keith from Nikolas. "Hello Akira." She said when Keith looked up at her. "Hi Mrs. Shirogane." He says quietly. What? Why is he scared of her? The lady looks around our group. "I see you brought trouble. Again." She says coldly when she spots Hunk and I.

Keith shrinks away from her. "N-no. They aren't t-trouble. Their f-friends." Keith whispers. She scoffs and slaps the back of his head, making him whimper, which causes me to growl slightly. Pidge walks over and puts a hand on my shoulder, shaking her head no when I look at her. "You said that the last time you brought Alteans here. Now look where that got you! Your father is dead now because you thought you could trust the Alteans!" She shouted at Keith. He looked down, trying not to make the tears visible. "Terra! Enough! He was young! It was not his fault they killed your brother!" Nikolas yelled.

Romeo and Juliet~Klance {Completed}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें