Chapter 1: Getting Aquainted

A/N: Its a book now. Also, boys up top.

Perrie's POV

"Back to school party at my house tonight, you're invited.", Louis says handing me the envelope. "I'll be there.", I smile taking it. "Look at that poor little loser over there.", my friend Taylor says pointing to the schools nerd. Everyone knows her name but no one remembers it when talking to her. "What was her name again? Like Jasmine or something like that?", Lauren says. "My name is Jeed.", she mumbles. "Jeed? That's weird.", Lauren says. "She has an accent like mine, pretty sure she said Jade.", I say looking at the girl. She nods her head and walks away clutching her books to her chest. "Let's get to class.", Taylor says dragging me away. We sit down in class and the teacher drones on for about five minutes before the door opens and the schools delinquent, Jesy Nelson, steps through.

Her studded shoes meet the floor and she walks back to her seat. "Nice of you to finally join us Ms.Nelson.", the teacher says. "Didn't want to be here but continue.", she says taking her sunglasses off. A tap on my shoulder startles me and I turn around to seem my lipgloss being held out in front of me. I look up to meet their eyes but see a green beanie pressing down what appears to be an Afro that covers the owner of the hats eyes. The person holding it doesn't say anything and just holds it. I take it out of her hand and she looks back down to her work silently as I stare at her confused. "Thank you.", I say after processing. She nods and looks back to her work."T, has that girl always been in our class?", I question after turning around. "Yeah, she's the weirdo that sits in the corner at lunch.", she answers looking up.

"How come no ones ever heard her voice? Why doesn't she talk?", I ask. "There's been rumors of why she doesn't talk. Some people think that she's mute others think that she lost her voice permanently.", Lauren shrugs. "But has she confirmed anything?", I ask. "Nope, if she doesn't talk she won't answer questions about why she doesn't talk. Pretty obvious Pez.", she answers.

Jade's POV

I look over at the talking girls and glance back at the girl they're talking about. I focus my attention back on my book and sigh as I push my glasses up. I feel a paper ball hit the side of my head and just brush it off already knowing who it is. "Leave me alone Louis, I haven't done anything to you.", I mumble kicking the garbage away. "What was that?", he questions tossing another one. "I'm sorry for whoever has to be related to you.", I mutter. Him and his buddies continue to throw stuff at me silently driving me crazy before the bell rings and I walk out of the class room. I angrily stuff things into my organized locker before someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around and see my book held out in the hands of the class weirdo.

"Oh, thanks.", I say taking it from her. She nods and walks away into the bathroom at the end of the hall. "Let's go.", a girl whispers as her friends trail from behind her. "They're gonna take her beanie off. No one ever seen her without it.", one of my friends say from beside me. "I kinda wanna see what she looks like. Let's go.", I say pulling her along. It seems like everyone knew of the plan because girls are crowding into the bathroom by the time we get there. I push through the crowd to see the girl pressed into a corner as the initial two girls stalk closer towards her. "Just hand over the beanie weirdo. We'll give it right back.", one of them says. The girl smirks before latching onto one of the stall doors and pulling herself up onto the top part.

She races through all the stalls and jumps off and lands outside the door before sprinting off making the girls chase after her. I walk out of the bathroom and get pulled into the stairwell as a hand gets placed over my mouth. "You'd get trampled if you follow them.", a raspy voice murmurs in my ear before climbing the railings of the stairs as the girls run in leaving me blushing and confused. "What's wrong with you?", Zack questions as he finds me. "I heard her voice.", I say still in shock. "Who's voice?", Danielle ask joining is. "Beanie weirdo. She-she pulled me aside when she ducked in here and told me I'd get trampled if I followed and her voice was so raspy and hot and I need water.", I say fanning my still hot face.