Chapter 9: Animal Spirits

Jesy's POV

Cold. That's the first thing I feel when I come to again. We had all crashed at the base the night before and that's when stuff got weird. Besides the fact that I are a live rat whole, Jade took a bite of tree bark, Leigh growled at Morgan when he tried to give Perrie a glass of water before sitting in front of her and glaring at him until he walked away, and Perrie hid out under the fake rocks in the cave. Breaking out of my thoughts I shiver and curl up. Cold, so cold. Why is it so cold? All of a sudden, a red light fills the room and I slowly uncurl from myself. "Cold blooded reptile, you and Perrie both needed a heat lamp.", Morgan explains walking in.

Leigh was already up and lounging on top of the fake rocks with her hands hanging off the edge and surveying the room. "Alpha lions inspect the land from the highest vantage point to ensure pack safety, but, just like all cats, they love a bit of yarn.", he says with a small smirk as he places the green ball in between her arms. She looks down at it before absentmindedly using one hand to gently roll it in small circles. Jade's eyes slowly open and Morgan slides a bowl of what looks like trail mix and tree bark to her. She looks at it for a few seconds before taking handfuls at a time. He comes back carrying a frozen mouse and holds it in front of me. I uncurl all the way and latch onto it before pulling it off the tongs.

"I'll go and buy some live ones later. I have to get Leigh's breakfast.", he says. He walks out of the room and comes back with a medium sized metal bowl full of meat and hands it to her before backing away quickly. She stops fiddling with the yarn and sniffs around the bowl before sticking her head in and devouring it. Perrie also gets a bowl of what looks to be trail mix, berries and small insects. "Ok you four eat up, I'm gonna go get some more supplies.", he says walking away. I stay on the floor in my tightly coiled position as Chu comes in to check in on us. "Everyone seems to be getting along well, Morgan will be back soon.", he says walking away.

Morgan comes back in with very large pet beds in his arms and lays them near us. I make myself comfortable in the red one placed next to me. A thick and fluffy blanket is placed over me and I savor the warmth. "It's a heated blanket. Know you'd like it.", he says. I don't say anything and enjoy the warmth. "We're back squishy and friends.", Anne says walking in. The others throw their bags in the corner and sit down at the table. "What's up with her?", mirror me asks poking my face. "She cold blooded at the moment. She needed some warmth.", Morgan answers. "I wanna watch tv but the remote is so far away.", mirror Perrie groans. Anne flicks her wrist and the remote is in her hand and she turns on some Disney movie.

"Are they ok?", Anne asks. "They'll be fine by the end of the day.", Morgan answers.

Leigh's POV

I look around the room every few seconds quickly to make sure no threats are near. "Hello there Squishy. You are so adorable.", Anne says rubbing her fingers through my hair. She joins me up on the rocks and I lay my head on her lap. "Are you a sleepy little squishy?", she questions rubbing my back. I stretch into her hand and she coos at me. My eyes start to shut and I relax into her. "Now she's a pet kitten. She gets cuter every time I see her.", Anne says. "You're only saying that because she's the soft version of you. We all know how much you love your own face.", Mirror Jade says with a scoff. "I'm sure you love it more. Especially if you would take up my offer to make it your seat.", Anne teases.

That makes my eyes snap open as the cool version of Jade makes her way over. "Maybe if you weren't such a naughty kitty you'd get a reward.", she says with a smirk. "Meow.", Anne says seductively. "Can you two stop flirting? We can do plenty of that at our place.", Mirror Perrie says pulling the other Jade away. "One day you're gonna be just like that squishy. You're gonna have all three of them at your feet.", Anne says rubbing my back. I look up at her with half lidded eyes not really registering what she said and blink. "There is not a single thought going on up there is it?", she chuckles. I nudge my way back under her hand and she lets out another small chuckle before running her fingers through my hair.