Chapter 2: New Squad

Omniscient

All four girls sit in different classes bored and annoyed at their wonky powers. Everyone is still staring at Leigh since she now shows her face, she still doesn't talk all that much but they've heard her voice enough. She keeps her physical contact with people at a minimum because the slightest touch could activate her powers. Jesy is struggling to stay awake because her mirages activated while she was asleep and made her alarm clock four hours early. Her head continues to droop as her teacher drones on about the evolution of the penguin. Perrie was annoyed that everyone seemed to be staring at her. Her powers were activating without her realizing and it's put almost everyone in a trance. Jade was just as annoyed.

And everyone else is too since her emotions are projecting onto them. The entire day she's been trying to keep her emotions at bay but they just push through. They meet at lunch and sit at a back table so that their powers don't effect anyone. "I hate these gloves, they're so itchy.", Leigh says pulling them off. She places her hands down on the table and sucked out of reality. "Oh great, now I get to see a table being made.", she says sarcastically. Back in the real world, the girls stare at her purple eyes. "Wonder what she's seeing.", Perrie says. "Magic table? No wonder it always seemed kinda weird.", she says. "To activate the table, the four must touch it together and recite their part of the spell. Psych will find their piece where they find their peace, Mirage will have to memorize their first mirage to find it, Empath will go where empathy is the strongest, and Charmer will go to the snakes to guide them", a lady says before she's snapped back to reality.

"What did you see?", Jade questions biting into her sandwich. "I hate sandwiches.", Jesy shudders. "Magic table, we have to activate it. I know exactly where I need to go.", Leigh says running out excitedly. "We still have school!", Perrie calls out after her. The girl comes back and sits down. "After school.", she says with a small nod. "What about us? We need to find pieces too.", Jade says. Leigh gets out a piece of paper and writes something down before tearing the paper into three strips. "This is what she said about you guys. I didn't hear all that much.", Leigh says. "Well touch it again and see what happens.", Jesy urges. Leigh takes off her glove and presses her hand back onto the table.

"The old maple tree should home the box to keep the potion. The new generation will find it." The old lady says handing a box to a purple haired man before Leigh is sent back to reality. "There's a potion under the old maple tree.", she says. She takes a pen out of her pocket and starts sketching the tree out on a napkin. "This is out behind the school. Let's go, we've got fifteen minutes.", Perrie says getting up. "I've never been out here before. It's sunny.", Leigh says shielding her eyes. They walk to the big tree and start looking for anything that could lead them to the box. "Touch the tee and see if there's any clues.", Jesy says. Leigh pulls off one of her gloves and press her hand to the tree.

"Only one is able to see this so I must make it quick. Dig a circle around the tree, then three feet deep" the lady from before says before fading off into the distance. "We have to dig a hole around the tree that's three feet deep.", she says snapping back to reality. "We don't have shovels and we can't get any either.", Jade sighs kicking the dirt. "But we do have sticks and I can make things be seen as something else. Hopefully they'll function though.", Jesy smirks picking up some discarded sticks. She closes her eyes and they morph into shovels. "Did it work?", she questions looking down at the sticks in her hand. "Sure did.", Leigh says grabbing one. They all start to dig the circle which turns into more of a square since there are four of them and after a while of digging, Perrie hits something.

"I got it.", she says throwing her shovel down. The four of them pull it up together and stare at it. "It's locked.", Jade says looking at the very obvious and large lock on the front. "I already know.", Leigh says putting her hand on it. "Fake locks are the best way to go. If medaling teenagers find it, they'll be too confused" the lady says again. "It's fake. To keep out regulars.", Leigh says pushing the top open. "Vials? We dig a fucking hole to get vials?", Jesy says picking up a red tube. "I'd assume these were potions. But, there's also a book.", Jade says picking up the yellow tube and the very thick looking book. "Of course magic powers come with a manual.", Perrie says rolling her eyes.