Chapter 6: Upgrades

A/N: All the girls stuff up top, you can tell who's is who's if you read.

Jesy's POV

Morgan had called us in for a meeting early in the morning, like we're falling asleep where we stand early in the morning. "Where the hell is he? It's two in the morning.", Jade complains pulling her jacket around her tighter. "It better be good, I'm losing serious beauty sleep.", Perrie mutters. "Sorry for my tardiness, I was finishing your power upgrades.", Morgan says speed walking in. "Upgrades?", I question. He hands us boxes similar to the ones we found in the woods. "Sweet.", I say opening it. The red bracelet has a new symbol on it but it resembles the one I have on as I slide it on my wrist.

"Uh is anyone's else's upgrade the wrong color?", Perrie questions holding up the blue bracelet. "I couldn't find anymore rose gold beads so I went with blue.", Morgan shrugs. "Perfect timing, the heroes are doing some late night patrols. I say we give 'em a little fun.", Leigh says with a smirk. "Just press the charms on your bracelets. Don't die!", Morgan calls out from down the hall. "No promises.", I call back. A red light wraps around my feet before swirling up the rest of my body and stopping at my gloved fingers. The new emblem scripts itself on my chest and I run a finger over it. "What's with the new symbols?", Perrie questions. "Your new magic.", the robot, Chu, says walking in. "We have magic and super powers? This just keeps getting better.", Jade chuckles shaking her head.

"I'm liking the new uniforms.", I say as we walk through the woods. Black jeans and a red muscle shirt rest comfortably on my body with my belt still around my waist that now has a holster on it and a cloak and my mask. "They are quite nice. And I've got guns now, I guess that explains the two guns on my cloak.", Jade says. "Heroes, four o'clock.", Perrie says pulling her mask up. We follow suit and creep behind them, hiding behind things when they turn to check and appear in front of them. "Well well well, how are y'all heroes doing on this fine night?", Leigh questions leaning against a light post. "What do you want from us?", the light girl questions.

"For you to not go around blasting innocent raccoons with your trashy powers. But other than that, just to bother you.", Leigh shrugs. I look around in the new compartments in my belt and find a red pair of glasses. I put them on and see through all the buildings. "Holy.", I say looking around. "Sick glasses.", Perrie says looking at me. "Maybe you have some.", I say opening her belt compartment. I pull out the blue glasses and put them on her face. "Holy shit.", she says looking around. "That's what I said.", I say looking around more. "Is that a priceless jewel I see?", she questions pointing towards the museum. "I say me and you go grab it while those two are distracted.", I say nudging her.

She grabs my wrist and pulls me across the street to the museum and we slip inside. We maneuver our way through the security system and shut it off as we get to the yellow jewel. "Jade would love this.", I say looking at the glass box. "Yeah and I'm gonna give it to her.", Perrie says opening the case. A wave of jealousy washes over me and I hit her hands away. "Uh no, I'm going to give it to her.", I say reaching for it. "I got the box open, I should give it to her.", she says hitting my hands away. "Well it was my idea in the first place.", I say hitting hers away. We go back and fourth not noticing the purple smoke wrapping around the stone and it floating away. "Well I found-hey, where'd it go?", Perrie asks cutting herself off.

"What the hell? Was a decoy?", I question. "Here you go Jade.", I hear from behind me. I turn around to see the stone floating into Jade's hands and the purple glow from Leigh's hands fading. "Aww, thanks Leigh. You're so sweet.", Jade smile. Leigh gives her one of her usual lopsided smiles and taps her cheek and bends down a little. Jade playfully rolls her eyes and pecks her cheek. "What a kiss up move of you.", I say walking up to her. "Says one of the two fighting over who should give it to her.", Leigh scoffs. "At least we put effort into getting it. You let us do all the work then came out of no where and used your powers.", Perrie adds. "Well it wasn't going to get to her because you two were arguing.", Leigh says.

"Guys, stop fighting. Perrie found it, Jesy suggested they should get it, and Leigh gave it to me. All of you did a part and it was team work. Now you two come here.", Jade says. Perrie and I walk over and she reaches up to place a kiss on each of our cheeks. "Better?", she questions. "Better.", the three of us nod. "Now come on, it's three in the morning.", Jade says walking away. "Stop right there. Where do you think you're going with that jewel?", Phota, the light one questions. "I'm going home and putting it in my mantle piece. Now get out of my way.", Jade answers. "We can't let you take that.", the one flying says. The fast one runs up behind us and the other one walks up.

"Is this supposed to intimidate us?", Perrie questions with a laugh. "We've got new powers, you all still don't even know how to use your old ones.", I say pulling out my new fang shaped daggers. "Jesy, your daggers can produce a paralyzing venom. One dose lasts for two days.", Morgan says in my ear piece. Perrie pulls a sword out of her side hilt and slings it over her shoulder. Jade takes both her guns out of their pockets and examines them.

Jade's POV

"Jade, though not fatal, your bullets pierce skin and dissolves into whoever you put it in.", Morgan says into my ear piece. "Yeah I'm liking this.", I nod. I tuck the jewel away inside my cloak and get ready to fight the flying guy. "Listen, between me and you, I don't even wanna do this. My parent isn't dead like theirs, he forced me to do this when you four did the first heist.", he says. "Your dad is dead. Your stepfather isn't but your biological one is.", I say kicking him to the ground. "Unlike you all, we do our research, Bryant.", I say picking him up. "You have magic Jade, why are you still touching him?", I question in my head.

The yellow light wraps around his body and ties him to the lamppost I threw him into. "Later losers.", Jesy says walking away. "What's your new weapon Leigh?", Perrie question looking at her. "Super long axe that breaks into two.", she answers detaching them. "I'm going back to bed, we have school in, four hours.", Jesy says darting off in one direction. "I'm dipping too.", Perrie says. "Good night Jade.", Leigh says speeding away. "They fight over me for twenty minutes the leave me to carry this heavy thing all the way back home? They're lucky I have magic.", I mumble snapping myself back into my bed. I use magic to take off my suit and look at my hand. "I love having magic.", I chuckle. I turn off my bedside lamp and turn in for night.

A/N: Small filler.