Chapter 7: Beach Trip

A/N: Kaz up top.

Leigh's POV

"I assume all you guys are excited for our trip to the beach today. Does everyone have their stuff?", our teacher questions. It had been a relatively hot few days, so hot that I had to keep my hair in a ponytail to avoid drying it out. I still kept on my beanie but it didn't bother me too much. Our principal sent the slips home and majority of the school came back with them and today is the day. I'm wearing a pair of shorts and a Hawaiian themed shirt. "Let's get the busses loaded up.", she says leading us outside. The sunglasses that were perched on top of my head slide down over my eyes as I sit down all the way in the back. Someone sits down beside me and I turn to see blonde hair.

"Hey you.", she grins. "Hey. Where are the other two?", I grin. "I'm telling you. There is no way we can steal this thing.", Jade whispers harshly. "Your doubt makes me cockiness stronger.", Jesy says with a smirk. Jade lets out a frustrated sigh and drops down into the seat across from us. "I heard the word steal?", I question leaning over Perrie. "Look at this.", Jesy says handing me her phone. A picture of Perrie's face pops up and I raise a brow in question. "Is that my face?", Perrie asks. Jesy yelps and takes her phone back before put it in my hand again. "Priceless ruby shark tooth. Blah blah blah, shoreside museum, blah blah blah. I'm interested and it's close to where we're going.", I shrug.

"But that's so risky.", Jade protests. "But it's cool and red. I want it.", Jesy whines stomping her foot like a child. "Fine you big baby, we'll get you your shark.", Perrie says. Jesy looks at her with her big green doe eyes and Perrie sighs. "And a milkshake.", she adds. Jesy puts away the doe eyes with a content smile and I chuckle. "You really feel for the doe eyes? Didn't take you for someone that did.", I say nudging her. "What would you know about doe eyes? You're face is stone cold.", she scoffs. I smirk at her and give her a pout before she starts to look shocked. "Why do you look like a kicked puppy? Jade are you seeing this right now?", she asks.

Jade looks over with a gasp and I chuckle. "She looks so cute.", Jesy says. "These got me out of a lot of trouble when I was younger.", I say sitting back up. "Please never do that again. My heart cannot physically handle it.", Jade says putting a hand on her chest. "Don't make me and I won't have to.", I joke putting a hand on the seat. I get sucked into my mind and roll my eyes. "I thought I got better at controlling these.", I mutter. "What's up little Psych. You're probably thinking this is like so useless but it's not. Around the beach is a museum, Shoreside. There, some of the biggest jewels are held. We have a beach base, it has an underwater entrance though. All you have to do is activate your water charms and you'll be fine.", Derek says before I flash back. "We get to use the underwater charms. Yes I'm so freaking excited.", I say dancing in my seat.

We make it to the beach and we don't give our teacher a chance go over rules as everyone runs onto the beach. "Are you guys ready for this?", Jesy questions digging in her bag. I open my purple charm box and pick up the silver otter. I take off the lion charm and clip it on. A new suit spreads on my body, it's got basically the shape of an otter and it finishes by webbing my fingers together. "I'm an otter.", I chuckle. "Awe Jade, you're so cute.", Perrie coos. Jade's t-shirt and shorts had changed into a black and yellow one piece with a fin on top of her head. It looked like one of those baby swimsuits and she looked absolutely adorable. "At least I'm not carrying a shell on my back.", Jade remakes tapping on the blue shell on Perrie's back.

"It's a shield. For all of us.", Perrie scoffs. "Jesy looks incredibly dangerous.", I say. She looked like she had on a regular wetsuit but the red tail and fin and the spiky teeth on her helmet make her look more intimidating than usual. "I like this. And these chomppers are great.", she smirks. "Come on, let's get diving before someone sees us.", Jade says. I get about waist deep in water and dive under until I'm full submerged. "This is so cool.", Perrie says gliding along below me. I hum as I glide through the water in spirals along side Jade who was looking around at the water. Jesy was at the top, her fin poking out of the water just enough to scare people making me chuckle when I hear panicked gasps.

"I think I see it.", she says. We all dive deeper down into the cave before the water just stops. "This is definitely it.", Jade nods letting her wet feet touch the floor. "Ah, no water in here. Dry off out there first.", a voice echos through the cave. Our suits and the water that was on us fades away and we walk deeper into the cave. "Welcome, I am Kaz.", a girl says. "I'm the guardian of your water base. Like Morgan, I'm an alien, blah blah blah, I don't really have a speech prepared. Anyway, these water channels travel miles past here. Each is labeled because no one cares enough to memorize them but yeah.", the girl shrugs.

"I like her a lot more than Morgan. He goes on and on about simple stuff.", Jesy says. "Yeah I try not to do that. Anyway, take what you need, don't get caught, and your vehicles back there. I'm gonna go take a nap or something.", Kaz says walking deeper into the tunnels. "Seems like someone hates her job.", Perrie says looking around. The walls are full of fish and other aquatic animals as we check each channel. "I've found the one to the museum. Let's go.", Jade says diving through it. My otter suit comes back and I dive after her. The four of us zoom through the channel and pop up in a water exhibit at the museum. "Look an otter mommy.", a little girl says pointing at me. My helmet closes and I flip over on my back and kick my legs.

"This is our beach exhibit. It allows sea animals to swim in and out freely whenever they feel like it. Though I haven't seen this otter. Why don't you give her a name?", the worker suggests. "What about Jellybean?", the little girl questions. I swim up to the glass and put my hand on it. I guess they see me as a normal sized otter because I am huge. They all walk away and I take that as my chance to climb out. "What took you so long?", Perrie questions. "I uh, I'm an otter named Jellybean now. Good times.", I answer walking ahead of them. I touch a finger to the security box and flip off the cameras. "We've got about ten minute before the guard realizes.", I say. We walk into the deeper part of the museum and I lift the case off.

Jesy becomes entranced by it and starts to reach for it before Jade slaps her hands away. She drops the powder on it and the shirt red lines make themselves apparent. "Who has the steadiest hands? There's a slot in the top and if we can get it out it'll be Jesy's.", Perrie questions. Jesy doesn't want for any of us to answer and red mist wraps around the small tooth before Jesy's hand appears in the box and she grabs it. "Or that works. Let's dip.", I say. Jesy tucks it into her jacket and we dive back into the beach exhibit and swim back through the channel. "We got our prize.", Jesy says holding it up. "Congrats. I'm pretty sure your class left though. You can take the channels to the lake by your school.", Kaz says eating a bowl of noodles.

We dive into the channel and pop up at the lake behind our school. It was more like a small creek but what's the difference. We meet up with the busses and the teacher looks at us relieved. "Oh thank god. I didn't see you four get on the bus.", he sighs. "We were hungry so we walked back here.", Jade shrugs. "I was close to calling you parents. But the rest of the day is yours, go ahead and get your stuff.", he says. We walk into the school and grab our bags before walking to the park. "I can't believe it's mine. All mine.", Jesy says looking in her pocket. "You have an unhealthy obsession with that thing.", Perrie comments. Jesy whispers something in her ear and Perrie's face flushes as she chokes on the milkshake she was sipping. "Really?", she questions after a second of getting her breath back. Jesy does nothing but nods with a small smirk making Perrie choke again.

"Do I even wanna know?", Jade questions. "Probably not.", Jesy answers. I give a small chuckle at their antics and sip my own cookies and cream milkshake as Perrie and Jade chase each other around on the play set. "They are such kids.", Jesy says playfully. "Says the one who threw a fake tantrum to get a old shark tooth with rubies in it because it's, in your words, "cool and red". They get it from someone.", I say. "That's not fair.", she whines. "Once again proving my point.", I say. "Screw your point. I'm going to play with them.", she says walking away. "Wait up you big baby.", I laugh running after her.