Chapter 5: The Heroes

A/N: Wherever there's some super baddies, there are some goody goodys trying to stop their fun. Also, y'all not gone like me for a hot minute but it'll be ok, I promise.

Leigh's POV

"Come on Poe, into the harness.", I say holding it open. He slips his front paws through and I button it up and attach the leash to it. When I go on my morning jogs, curtesy of Morgan, I take him with me to get his daily exercise as well. Thanks to me having the lion as my spirit animal, I have cat like agility and I always land on my feet so I drop down out my window, holding Poe securely before putting him on the ground and jogging off into the woods. I put one my headphones and pick up my pace until I see bright flashes of light out the corner of my eye. I put Poe back in his bag and peek through the bushes to see what's going on.

"Come on guys, we need to train if we wanna take down these Rascals. Our parents were able to do it so we should be able to take them out.", a girl says. "Let's see, we got fast and furious that's too fast and not furious enough, me, the levitation guy, the one that superpower only activated when he's holding his breath, and you, nightlight. We ain't taking down any diamond thieves.", a ginger says. "When you think negatively like that then no you aren't. But I think we can. And her name is Rachel, Bryant. She can translate the book and tell us what we need to know. And his name is Josh.", the nightlight girl says. "I need to touch that book.", I whisper to myself. I put in my ear piece and dial the girls. "Go for Jesy.", Jesy says. "Jade's here.", Jade says. "Perrie is also here.", Perrie says.

"Get to the woods quick. There's a group of hero kids in the woods training and they have a book and I need to touch it but I need a distraction.", I say as quietly as possible. "You had me at hero kids. I'm in the mood for hell raising.", Jesy says and from the tone, I could hear the smirk. "I'll be there.", Jade says disconnecting. "Count me in.", Perrie says disconnecting. I quickly take off my jogging suit and pull my hood and mask up. "Wait here for me buddy.", I say tying Poe's leash to a tree. "You guys do know that it's dangerous to be in enemy territory right?", I question. "Which one is that?", Bryant asks alarmed. "The names Psych.", I answer for him. "You started without us? That's no fun.", Jade says dropping down next to me. "Make room losers.", Perrie says stepping through the bushes. "Fresh meat.", Jesy says walking up.

"How did you find us?", Rachel questions. "This is our territory, did she not just say that?", Jade says. "Plus, nightlight here is pretty bright. And I don't mean in the brains section.", Perrie adds. "We didn't do anything, don't hurt us. Please.", Josh says putting his hands up. "The book, give it to me.", I say reaching my hand out. "Wait, it's my fathers book. It's all I have left of him, will I get it back?", Rachel questions. "Sure.", I shrug. She places it in my hands hesitantly and I pull off one of my gloves and touch it. "I know you're probably seeing this Psych, you always go for the same approach, no matter what body you're in. I'm just going to let you know now, if you hurt my daughter I'll come back and hurt you. Signed The Blur. I will write this book in an encrypted code that only one of my DNA could read. Good luck getting it out of her.", a man sitting at a table says before I flash back into the woods.

"Damn it.", I say softly handing the book back to the girl. I rest one hand on a tree and hold the other out to stop the other girls from coming closer when something hits my hand. I look over to see a purple and black staff in my hand. "Where did you get that?", Perrie asks. "It just came to me.", I answer inspecting it. "Can we do that?", Jesy asks. "I don't really know.", I answer. "Listen, you stay out of our way, we won't leave you in a bloody mess. Simple.", Jesy shrugs sliding a toothpick between her teeth. Poe walks around the tree and looks at me making me smile under the mask just as a ball of light wizzes straight at him, hitting him in the stomach. "Poe!", I cry running over to him. He lets out weak chitters as I hold him and cry. "It's ok. I'll fix you up, I promise.", I say stroking his fur. His eyes slowly shut and more tears fall as he takes his final breath.