15 - keep your secrets as secret!

Kathiravan's POV:

I have been sitting on the bed since the moment I realised she left me for nothing. Damn it! How could she do this to me? Do I look like a toy to play with?

I couldn't do anything, not even sleeping with the serene mind as she caused great chaos between us by pumping the balloon of tension bigger. I relived the sweet moments which brought tears to my eyes which is already dull and red. The room screams her fragrance which just added salt to my sorrow that I am feeling right now.

I don't even know when the sun rose in the sky as the sun rays started to peek into the room through the gap between the curtains. I checked my mobile to see if she left any message but there is nothing to get excited about. I laid down on my back with my hands under my head.

She is the only thing that revolves around my mind and my head started to spin due to lack of sleep and tons of stress.

I never knew that I could cry but she taught me that too!

You are my lovable pain Nandhini!

I mumbled to myself and with that, my eyelids began to droop, eventually, I succumbed to the darkness that filled my vision.

Nandhini's POV:

I reached Madhu's room after a tiring journey of 5 hours. I haven't spoken anything much and straight away retired to the bed which she had arranged for me already.

I wanted to send a message badly, but something is stopping me from doing that. Is that called ego?

I questioned myself and shrugged off all the thoughts and went to have a warm shower to soothe my wrenching heart. When I stepped out of the bathroom, I took a whole 5 minutes to examine the room in which I was staying with my buddy.

Madhu has rented this mini apartment a few years back when she decided to work in Coimbatore after our graduation. Luckily, she also got an offer in a leading law firm which lessen her burden well in respect of expenses. His fiance is also working in Coimbatore so she could continue her career without any hindrance.

The thought of having my own career squeezed my heart as it appears as a forbidden fruit for me now. But still, I have a hope that one day I will achieve my dream with a big smile on my lips.

I got ready in a simple Kurti matching with the jeans and let my hair free to dry. By the time, Madhu too got ready and we both headed towards the mess to have our breakfast.

"Madhu, why don't you cook your own food girl?" I asked her the most difficult question because cooking is absolutely rocket science for her😂. She gave me a weird face, recognising the meaning of my sarcastic words.

"Ohhh, just shut up, the great Chef. I don't think I need to learn that hectic thing. Besides, I can't remember every recipe that I do though it didn't come out well as expected" she said and laughed at her cooking skills which made me laugh along with her.

The day went well with our laughter and fun-filled shopping, which made me forget all the worries for a while. When we were having our ice cream after a tiring day out, Madhu asked me, "Nandhu, is everything okay between you and your husband?"

I was taken aback by her sudden encounter but managed to maintain a stable face with no emotions. "What made you feel like that?" I retrieve the question to her to which she said, "ohh come on, Nandhu. I am your friend and I know how lovely you are. But you haven't had any conversation with your husband since the time you arrived here. That's why I asked you"

Yeah! She is right. Anyone in their right sense can guess this by the way we (myself and Kathir) are behaving.

I gave her a small smile and said, "Everything is fine, Madhu. Actually, Kathir is quite busy with his work. That's why he doesn't have much time to talk with me. But he never fails to send messages regarding his whereabouts and asking about my well being and all. He is such a sweet soul, Madhu." On hearing my reply, Madhu flashed a happy smile and held my hand, "God! You got a caring husband just like you, Nandhu. I was scared that you had some fight with your husband but now every fear vanished into thin air and I am happy for you, sweetheart."