10 - Silence before Storm!

Nandhini's Pov:

I pinched myself multiple time to assure that I am not dreaming. The scenes that happened yesterday are still fresh in my memories. When I think of the kiss given by Kathir, I couldn't stop myself from blushing harder. My cheeks are aching since I am smiling continuously for more than 12 hours. Oh, God! I am sorry dears. I forgot to tell you what happened yesterday after that kiss, right?

After I confessed my love to Kathir as 'I love you Icchaya' Kathir was surprised beyond the words. He looked delighted and asked me where I learned the word 'Icchaya'. I narrated everything to him about my visit to Roshini's home and her habit of calling her husband 'Icchaya' since she is Kerala-Christian.

He looked at me amused and again kissed me on the top of my head.

Then we had lunch together and he shared his tensions that arose in the office which made him lose his temper that day. In the evening, Revathi called Kathir and informed him that she wished to pay a visit to our home as she was also busy on weekdays. We both agreed and around 7'o clock she arrived at our home.

When Kathir went out to buy a cool drink for our dinner, Revathi enquired about the marriage life. I blushed at her question, remembering the kiss that happened a few hours ago. Actually, Revathi is a good friend and I must admit that she knows Kathir quite well than others. She said that she can see some changes in Kathir after our marriage. I was a little shocked by her statement because as far as I know, Kathir is always quiet and calm just like a saint.

And that's when Revathi revealed one of the incidents that happened during their college days. She narrated an incident that made to zip my mouth in shock.

Flashback:

"So, where you guys plan to go for your honeymoon?" Revathi asked me and I simply smiled at her question. "We haven't even tour around the Cochin in the first place. Then, how can we think about that, Reh?" I asked her while shaking my head, thinking about our fate and she looked at me with pitiful eyes. "Nandhu has Kathir ever told you how much he loves you?" she questioned me out of nowhere and I seriously don't know what to answer for this. I have seen love in his eyes but he never confessed that straight on my face.

"No," I said without showing any emotions on my face and she nodded her head while thinking about something deeply. "Remember one thing Nandhu. Kathir never develops any desire for anything, but if once he has, he will make sure to get that at any cost" she said with a serious expression and this one seriously hits me hard in my mind. Why she is saying this to me? And that too at this moment?

"I don't get you, Reh," I told her expressing my confusion and she said, "Nandhu, everyone knows only one side of Kathir, but they don't have any idea about his other face which I and Kishore only knows. Kathir is not a typical introvert guy as you see in all these days. He is allergic to the crowd and doesn't like over-reacting people. His patience level is extremely zero and he bursts out instantly if someone triggers him a bit. Above all, he is immensely possessive over the people he loves and if something happens to them, he never thinks twice before thrashing the hell out of the person who hurt them."

I listened to every word she uttered and this is a pure shock to me. How can someone have the exact opposite character to the one that he shows outside? Kathir is really surprising sometimes. 

"You know what Nandhu, once we were chilling out in the college and a professor walked across us. He scolded us for bunking our lectures and on top of it, he spoke ill about our friendship. As I already told you, Kathir rope of patience broke that instant itself and went to that poor guy and gave him a hard slap. He didn't stop with that and continued to give more slaps for speaking like that. Kishore and I tried hard to stop him but that angry bull was very stubborn in teaching a lesson to that professor. When the enquiry was brought up by the dean, Kathir accepted the suspension but he didn't care to utter a sorry for his behaviour. Kathir always shows his love in action rather than expressing it in words.