4 - Engagement!

Nandhini is unable to stand on the stage, not because of any shyness or heavy makeup but because of the words spilled out by Kathir before some time. She couldn't believe that the saree she is wearing now, is chosen by none other than her husband to be. Everyone is adoring the couple standing on the stage and here Nandhini is still blushing cause of numerous reasons. 

Madhu stood beside Nandhini and whispered in her ears, "Your husband to be is just out of words. He looks like a model Nandhu. Be careful otherwise, girls will steal him away from you." She said with a little amount of teasing but in return, she earned a death glare from her best friend. Kishore, the only best buddy of Kathir came to the stage along with his wife and wished the couples. Soon the relatives came to the stage one by one to show their blessings for the soon-going to be married couples.

After that, the priest announced the marriage date which is just two weeks away from the present day. Both Kathir and Nandhini got shocked as they planned something in between the period of engagement and marriage. Nandhini and Kathir are asked to exchange the rings as a sign of getting engaged and they too slide the rings on each other's finger. Everyone clapped and Kishore brought the cake out of nowhere and asked Kathir and Nandhini to cut the cake by holding each other's hand. 

When Kathir touched the Nandhini's hand, she flinched a bit but managed to act normal as if she is not affected by his touch. On the other hand, Kathir felt a chill running down his spine and he too didn't show the effect before others. After the cake cutting ceremony, all are busy with dinner and that's when Kathir and Nandhini got time to breathe freely.

"Hey, dude! Congratulations. Your bride is awesome and hopes you both got hitched well." Kishore winked at Kathir mischievously and his wife Rithika laughed at them knowingly. "No man, in fact, I don't know how to start the conversation with Nandhini. Every time I thought of doing something romantic turns into a stupid act and that makes me keep shut further." He huffed at the end. "Err... What about Revathy? she told me that she will accompany you guys to the engagement. But she is not here? Didn't she tell you anything?" Kathir asked Kishore and he replied with a hint of annoyance, "Yeah she called me this morning Kathir. As usual, she missed the bus to Cochin and I don't wanna miss your function because of her. That's why I started before she arrives." Kishore said casually and Rithika nodded in agreement. 

Later some time, Nandhini and Kathir were asked to have dinner together. Then Kathir called Nandhini to give an intro to his friends. He introduced Kishore and his wife and then some of his office colleagues. Nandhini politely greeted everyone and she too introduced Madhu to Kathir. Madhu and Kathir mumbled hello to each other and there was a huge silence after that. 

The engagement went well than expected and Kathir is happy except that part of Revathy not attending his function. "Hi, Kathir. I am extremely sorry da. I missed your engagement function due to some emergency. Will make it up on your marriage for sure. Please don't search for slippers to beat me. I myself will give you one when we meet in Cochin. So now be a good boy and send me your engagement pics soon. Bye Kathir." Kathir got a message from Revathy and he laughed at her childishness silently. 

Nandhini's Pov:

It's been one week since our engagement and you know what we do? We speak daily through our messages. Kathir never forgets to send me 'good morning' & 'good night' messages and some times he wished me 'good evening' also. I was overwhelmed by his romantic gestures and even sometimes prayed to God to save me from his romantic tortures. (Sarcasm at its peak). 

I don't know what I am gonna do with him for my whole life. He is full of talent, full of wisdom and full of handsome. But God forgot to fill him with romance I guess. Because I am his fiance and he never spoke anything romantic or about our marriage. Nowadays kids rule the world of romance and here I got one robot with a handsome face.