33 - Unexpected shock😪!

Nandhini's PoV:

When I flipped to my other side half asleep, the realization hit me so hard that Kathir has not returned to our bed the whole night. Sometimes I wonder how stubborn he could be.

Does he always be so adamant when it comes to his angry side? Why can't he do the same while showing some love to me?

I just closed my eyes as I don't have much energy to face this morning, especially the grumpy grown boy. But luck will not favor us all the time, right?

With the fallen face, I started my morning and took a quick bath to change myself into a simple top and ruffled bottom. I really do not bother about my makeup today and that's why I neglected my pyar 'Kajal' also, leaving my eyes to look pale instead of carrying the spark.

Still, I was not okay with ignoring Vermillion on my hair partition. So, I applied a stroke of vermillion on my partition and walked out of our room after closing the door softly.

As soon as I entered the hall, his cologne blew my nose strongly and I could easily decipher that he already took a bath in another room. See his audacity of ignoring me by not even stepping into the room 😑.

I cursed him under my breath and prepared my tea and started to boil some milk for making his coffee. A sudden voice made me halt as it sounded "I neither want coffee nor breakfast". I put down the milk jug and left the kitchen, passing him a hard glare. He was drying his hair leisurely and looked super cool in his green checked t-shirt. He wore coffee brown Bermudas/ three-fourths pants and ruffled his hair which was dripping wet.

I checked out my handsome husband and was surprised that why cannot he be tolerant and sensible as much as handsome he is! Anyways, I am not going to give up this time. Whatever it takes, I will convince and make him understand my thoughts and intention and finish this off smoothly.

I determined within myself and went to another room to check whether he had any food from outside. I knocked on the already-opened door and asked, "Did you eat something from outside? Or should I order something for you?"

His eyes darted from his laptop screen to me for a microsecond and he answered while glancing back at his screen, "Not a problem. I can order and eat by myself when I feel hungry." His plain answer somehow inflicted pain on me as the thought of my lovely husband throwing cold treatment towards me itself was making it tougher to digest.

Pressing my lips tight in upset, I headed out of the room since I did not have anything to say further. Another 3 hours went like a flash as I buried myself into Wattpad to escape the reality around me. I ordered meals for both of us and unpacked the food boxes to change them into the vessels and warm them up for serving.

I called Kathir for lunch and fortunately, he came out without saying anything hurtful this time. While quietly eating our lunch, Kathir pushed a set of papers before me. I paused chewing my food and gave him a look 'What's this now?'

As if understanding my unspoken question, Kathir spoke, "This one is your ticket to Coimbatore. And the next one is your application form for joining the best coaching academy for your judge exam." He displayed no emotions while uttering those words whereas my eyes quickly became a well showing the level of ache that I felt upon hearing him.

"Why are you doing this, Kathir? Let us talk about our differences but please don't do this." All my guards fall and I begged him in a trembling voice. On seeing my watery eyes, his eyes changed their color for a minute but he masked it quickly with a straight face.

Kathir's PoV:

I know that what I am going to do would obviously hurt her badly but, I can erase her pain instead of losing her in the name of her career. I am confident that she will not choose to go to Coimbatore for her exam coaching and that's why I made this plan. Let her think that I am acting so selfish and blackmailing her to bend to my wish. Nevertheless, she will understand one day how much I love and fear the fact of staying away from her.

When I placed the papers before her, her doe eyes started filling with tears like a well that ached my heart. Sorry Nandhini, I thought inside my mind and maintained a plain face as if I was not affected by her tears. The last thing that I want to happen is for her to cry. I never wished her to cry for anything but see here, I became the reason for her suffering. 

It is going to end soon, dear. I thought within my heart and asked her to choose between me and her career. "I am not even joking Nandhini. I am serious about what I said, yesterday. I can understand that your career is important to you and I am not asking you to withdraw from that completely. I am just requesting you to postpone it. I want you by my side during the progress of our growth. You can start practicing your profession and begin your exam preparation, simultaneously. If you prepare well for your exams, it would become a cakewalk for you when the exam comes up in the next two years. It sounds cool, right?"

I tried my entire power of convincing, hoping that she would give in to the new idea that I shared. Instead, I witnessed only her overflowing tears which soaked her fluffy cheeks. I wiped the tears from her cheeks and said, "Think about my idea, Nandhu. It is good for us in all aspects. We become closer recently and honestly, I don't want you to leave some gap between us. Don't overthink something and cry like this. Trust me, Nandhini that I am not spoiling your dream. Rather I am making plans for us to achieve everything without parting away. As simple as that, Nandhu."

She was looking at me without even blinking her eyes and I could not decipher what she was conceiving in her mind as her big orbs did not express her emotion, unlike other times.

I placed the envelope on the table and left, leaving her to think well about the suggestion that I had injected into her mind.

After some time, I heard some feeble noise which made me peek into our room, and the scene before my eyes shattered my heart into pieces. Nandhini was arranging things in her suitcase which she brought from her home. Before I could stop her, she stood up from the bed and yelled, "Thank you so much for your offer, Kathir. I chose one of the options that you gave me and now, you can freely do whatever you want." Her sarcasm and anger choked my throat, and I was completely lost for words.

My hands and legs became numb though my heart urged them to grab her and stop her from moving out of the home. She was silently wailing all the time when she was packing and cursed me under her breath.

As time passed by, I developed a deep tension as my plan of making her stay with me had become a backfire. An utter failure!

If you have the audacity to leave me despite my explanations and alternative ideas, then I can also stay without you.

I thought and kept silent though my heart screamed otherwise.

She was carrying her bags and asked me to drop her at the Bus Port. I was taken aback by her statement as I thought that she would go by herself without taking my help. "Why are you looking at me like this as if I have grown two heads? You are my husband, right? Making me cry is not the only duty you carry. Dropping me where I want is also yours to take care of." She howled while keeping her death glare at me.

*****

Little did they know that each of them are expecting the other to come closer in love instead of stepping aside from their shoes of adamance!

---------------------------------------

Hope you all have traveled along with Nandhini and Kathir!

See you in the next update!

Until then, happy reading!

- Maaya🤍.