3 - Preparations for engagement!

Nandhini's Pov: 

It's been one week since I met Kathir. Actually, he is a nice guy with a handsome face. His physique is also good but not a type of gym body. 

Everything looks good but still, I am struggling inside with my heart whether I am ready for this relationship or not? I know it's too late to think about it, as my dad and Kathir's dad are all into planning the engagement function. Next Wednesday is fixed for the engagement function and here all are busy as hell with their own works. 

The Mandap was already booked by Kathir's family and now my dad is speaking with the cater. My mom and Vivaan went to buy some things necessary to decorate the home as my relatives will be coming home from Saturday itself. I don't have any cousin who is very close to my heart but Madhu will fill that place for sure. I called her and narrated everything about my first meet with Kathir and she was super excited to hear my story.

I am forced to learn all the household chores since I am going to get married very soon, maybe in three months. Now I am making the veg-kuruma and Chappathi for dinner. After having dinner we all left for our respective rooms after bidding good night to each other. 

I know that Kathir is having my number as Vivaan told me that he gave my number to Kathir on that day. 

Then why he is not messaging me? 

Did he forget me already? 

I looked at my phone and decided to message first.  

But wait! It is an unwritten rule that girls won't message first to anyone. 

So if I message him first, will that clash with my ego? 

What he will think about me? That I am too desperate to have communication between us?

Nah, I shouldn't think like that. 

But what if he waited for me to message first?

After having an inner battle for half an hour, I texted the message first with Hi. The status of the message shows a double tick. Which means he is online. I waited for him to see my message soon. 

10 MINUTES passed. But I felt like 10 hours. Still, no seen and no reply. 

What a boring man he is! Don't even have time to message his fiancee. 

I put my mobile aside and started to listen to the music through earphones and that's when my mobile screen popped up with his name 'Kathir - 1 New message.' 

I badly wanted to open his message but as a girl, I can't do that immediately. Let him taste his own medicine. I swiped the screen and see his message in the notification bar. Usually, I don't hide messages being shown in the notification bar and now it seems very useful for me to tackle such situations. 

Kathir - Still awake? 

I rolled my eyes at his reply. The time is only 10.30 pm and he is asking me 'still awake'. 

What a romantic partner I got. Please note my sarcasm too!!!

After 10 minutes I replied to him "No... have to sleep. You?" 

Now the time gap decreased and he replied as "Okay. Me too. Good night."

I just want to throw my phone on the wall but I can't because this is my new mobile. 

I shouldn't have messaged him first. See how he is putting a mass scene here. I won't message you anymore Kathir. Let you long for me and talk to me first. I decided myself and slept after sending a goodnight to my so-called romantic star...