12 - Do I miss her?

Nandhini's Pov:

Successfully we have crossed two months of our marriage life and now we are on our third month anniversary. I usually get excited about such little things as I always fantasize about my life like a fairy tale. But with whom I am even fantasizing about my marriage? Yeah, my great husband, Kathir doesn't even pay heed to such cute things as he is always rough and real and most importantly always straight to the point.

Though I am not complaining still, my heart aches when he acts nonchalantly without caring about my desires and wishes. In these two months of marriage, he didn't take me out on a date, never bought me jasmine flowers, never sang any song for me, never pull out any romantic stunts for me and nothing. I have heard so many people gossiping that newly wedded couple will stick onto each other like a leech and so many cheesy dialogues will be exchanged in the name of being romantic. But I wonder whether he remembers that he is already married for two months. 

When I was swamped with those thoughts, my mobile rings and it shows the name of my dearest devil Madhu. Oops! I haven't even called her once after coming to Cochin. Okay, let me take a deep breath now as she will burst like a bomb once I pick up her call. "Hello Madhu baby, I miss you," I spoke without giving her any chance to start her cursing. "Woah! Nandhu, I thought you are dead. But, thank God! you are still alive, huh?" she said with high sarcasm and I can feel her anger even through the phone. 

"Err... Madhu, I am sorry dii. I have no time to chat with you as I was busy settling myself at this new place. Otherwise, you know me, Nah? Will I be able to live without you Madhu?" I faked a sad voice and she chuckled at my tactics. "oh, drama queen! just stop your acting and now listen to me, carefully." she told in a serious tone and I replied, "I am all ears dii."

"Nandhu, I am getting married to Akash next month," she mumbled and I doubted whether I heard her right or not. Is she trying to say that she finally hooked up with Akash who is her childhood crush? "What are you saying Madhu? Come again." I asked questioningly and she repeated, "Yes, you deaf head. I am getting married to Akash, next month and I want you beside me just like I was with you on your marriage." 

I felt gladness filling my heart as my best buddy is going to marry her crush soon and that too with the blessing of their parents. I congratulated her on her wedding that is fixed with her crush and I can feel her blushing profusely. 

"By the way, where is your husband? I need to invite you both in person. So tell me when you guys will be free, hence I can arrange my travel plans." she asked me and I told her, "Sorry Madhu. He is out of the station for a few days. I hope that he will be back around your wedding." I paused and then said, "And you don't worry. Even if he fails to come, I will be there with you for sure."

"Then, how's your marriage life Nandhu? you didn't even fill me with your dirty things and naughty talks and all. Is all okay there?" she asked me out of blue and the smile that I had on my lips dropped. "Yeah, I am all good and okay Madhu. You know, Kathir is such a great husband that one can ever ask for. He is too caring, affectionate and he never fails to amuse me with his love. I am really grateful to my parents for getting me married to him. He is just perfect in everything." I said in a cheerful tone so that she doesn't doubt my words and flash me another question.

"That's so sweet, Nandhu. Be a good wife and don't fry him with your short temper and tantrums" she ordered me like his sister and I chuckled at her words. "And one more thing Nandhu. My engagement ceremony is planned for the day before my Haldi, So come prepared for everything. I warn you now itself, don't try to escape by putting silly reasons like you don't get any ample dress with you, matching bangles with you, etc, etc, etc. Or else I will bury you alive." She hissed on the other end and I seriously doubt whether she is my best buddy or not.