24 - Back to the grid?

Nandhini's POV:

The first thing that I noticed in the morning was for my husband, the great Kathiravan. But he was absent along with his mobile which means he already went to pick up his dearest friend, Revathy. It's not like I don't like her but his extra caring nature is making me behave like a madwoman. Let me see what are the dramas waiting for me today!

I made my morning tea and leisurely having the same on our balcony. My eyes stared at the sky dotingly and nothing calms me more than the morning rays peeking through the trees. I don't have the mood to cook, bathe or clean as my mind is occupied by my stupid husband who is unaware of his wife's longingness. Can't he wake me up before going out to pick up Revathy?

As if you will wake up instantly with a bright smile? My inner mind mocked me and I knew it was right. I brushed away the thoughts and decided to take a bath as I am sure that he will bring her home to have some talks. I wore a simple Kurti matching with palazzo pants and tied my hair in a messy bun. Whoever found this hairstyle deserves a noble prize for sure!!!

I started making a simple breakfast with bread and cheese since Kathir won't be taking breakfast from home. After filling my tummy with yummy food, I took my phone and started writing the chapters of Wattpad that I have plotted already. I never know how time flies when I am indulged in writing stories. My lovely moments were disturbed by the doorbell and I lazily got up from the sofa to see who my intruder is. I was welcomed by the face of Revathy who smiled widely on seeing me. She gave me a friendly hug which I returned gladly. "How was the journey?" I enquired her and she said it was fine. We had normal talks about the price hikes, newly released cinemas, IPL, etc and for a while, I forgot everything that disturbed me before.

Shortly, Kathir and Kishore joined us along with Rithika. I excused myself from Revathy and went to make tea and coffee for everyone. When I treated everyone with a tray full of snacks and drinks, Kathir glanced at me with a smile which shows his gratitude for welcoming his friends nicely. I neither smiled nor averted my gaze from him and silently gave his coffee. "So, we are back to the grid after a long gap, right?" Kathir asked and Reavthy smiled in response. "We are always in the grid except you," Rithika said sternly to which Kishore replied, "Stop fighting with her, Rithu. Resect her once in a while as she is your sister for God's sake."

"What?" I was shocked to hear that they are sisters. "Yeah, we are cousins in real more than friends. Kishore and Kathir used to visit our home during college times. Meanwhile, Kishore fell for Rithika which brought great trouble for me." Revathy said and sipped her coffee while Rithika and Kishore exchanged a lovely glance at each other. "After that, what happened?" I asked her like people used to say curiosity kills the cat.

"Then what, her family refused to tie us together in marriage. They were too stubborn to convince. So, we eloped and got married at a Register office before the eyes of these two. Kathir's parents were the ones who supported us by providing home, job, and all. We cannot be thankful enough for the deeds they did to us." Kishore narrated everything and his voice depicted his gratitude and respect that he carried for Kathir's parents aka my in-laws.

The day went by with their chatting and teasings and I enjoyed their get-together. When Kishore and Rithika bid their goodbye, Kathir interrupted and asked them, "Why don't you guys stay here? We can have a sleepover and movie night. what say?" Kishore chuckled and said, "Don't you feel it's too much to ask? We are staying on the next floor above and you are asking us to have a sleepover here. Anyway, we are going to meet tomorrow morning. So cut the drama and enjoy your night alone." He moved out along with Revathy and Kathir sighed.

--------------------

Days passed and it's been 5 days since Revathy arrived. Kathir is on the terrace with his friends playing Chess and honestly, he is a great player. No one stands a chance before him in Chess and he is quick enough to knock down his opponents by dragging them to checkmate. I felt extremely bored as he never cared about how I was doing all these days. Feeling exhausted from his indifferent character, I slowly stepped down the stairs and thought to go home to have some lonely time. In between, a voice stopped me, "Nandhini Akka?". I turned around to see Ananya standing at her doorstep with a genuine smile on her face. "Hey, Ananya! What's with this 'Akka' and all. I might be of your same age. So please call me with my name," I told her and she nodded her head. "Why don't you come to my home? You haven't visited once though we are staying in the same apartment, right?" She asked straightly and honestly I have no answers for her.