34 - Drama in love🤷🏻!

Nandhini's PoV:

I collapsed to the ground when he asked me to choose between him and my career. Doesn't he know that he is way more important than anything else in my life? Isn't it his responsibility to love me like I do? If at all he is not able to understand my ambition, then what kind of love does he have for me?

Multiple questions clouded my mind and I decided to show him how much drama I can play. I calculatedly chose the option of going to Coimbatore as I am 100% percent sure that he will not let me go. Thus, he would arrive at a stage where he has no other option but to support me in my exams.

When Kathir expressed his intention of building our life through his new venture, I was the one who felt extremely happy to join his journey. But, his idea of waiving the present opportunity for the future one is something preventing me from nodding my head affirmatively. Why can't we both pursue our careers together and take our life forward simultaneously?

I wondered and decided to throw my tantrums in order to get what I want. I purposely asked him to drop me at the Bus Port so that he would feel emotional or hesitant and give up on his stubbornness. To my deepest disappointment, he grabbed the keys of his car and got ready to drop me wherever I said. I gritted my teeth to control my boiling anger and closed the door with a loud thud.

He did not even utter a word and was silent and calm all the way to the bus port. I stepped down from the car and he signaled me to wait at my spot. I did not have the energy of questioning him why and I just followed his instructions. He quickly bought a classy bus ticket for me along with a big water bottle and a Tetra pack of mango juice and shuffled the same in my hands.

My already watery eyes became wetter seeing his care and I asked in my quavering voice, "If you are sweet enough to care for me like this, then why can't you just keep your adamant aside and listen to my words?" He huffed and replied, "This looks sweet to you because this is done by me on my own. My behavior of letting you go looks rude to you because that is not decided by me. I have never gone wrong on decisions, Nandhini. But, remember whatever you are doing now will hurt both of us."

I kept my mouth shut as we both were not in the state of settling down with mutual talks.

When the clock ticked the time of departure, he got onto the bus, placed my suitcase just above my seat, and ensured everything is safe. I gave him a blank look and quietly boarded the bus without saying anything.

He stepped down from the bus and stood beside the window where I was sitting and a thick silence prevailed all over again. When the engine was ignited, I mumbled, "I am going to your house only."

"Our house" he corrected and said, "Take our room as it has the reading table and other stationeries which might be useful for your PREPARATION". He deliberately stressed the word 'Preparation' to irritate me more and proved once again that he is the king of sarcasm and irritation. I nodded simply and he murmured, "Don't roll your eyes at me. Eat well and sleep well." He paused for a second and added, "At least for the sake of your exams."

I ignored his sarcasm this time and reverted, "Same to you. Eat well, sleep well, and enjoy well with your friends." When I finished, his fists turned into balls, letting me know how frustrated he was after hearing what I told him.

We both were looking at each other, forgetting our surroundings, as this is the first time that he is giving me a sendoff since our marriage. When I lost the vicinity of Kathir, I closed my eyes tightly wherein drops of my tears escaped silently.

My father-in-law called me right before I arrive at Coimbatore and guided me where to come to reach his car. When I reached the car, my mother-in-law came out of the car and gave me a light hug, resembling the warmth of her son. He is a replica of his mom!