32 - Love or career❤️

Kathiravan's PoV:

Walking in meadows did not make me feel anything light under my feet but sleeping with my wife on my top made me feel light like clouds. Is this what people called the madness of being in love?

I questioned myself and continued walking in the lawn area when my dearest friends interfered. Revathy tapped my shoulder and asked, "What's up dude? You look so happy?" Kishore nodded his head whereas I scrunched my brows and encountered, "Why? Don't I have the right to stay happy?"

Rev interrupted and said, "Haha, see who says this! The one who never stretched his lips for a smile is now grinning all the time." Her sarcasm makes sense, as I never smiled for anything unless my heart feels deep emotion. "True though!" I admitted as I do not have other options left.

Many things have transpired between Nandhini and me and each passing day has taught me how much I love my wife. She is just a perfect wife who could do anything to keep me happy. The short span of lockdown has brought us closer to each other as we did cooking, cleaning, dining, washing, and everything together. Not forget to say that our romance has become a part of the chores in almost everything we do!

When we think that our life has taken a top footing in the flight of happiness, it would surprise us with an unexpected turn. Nandhini and I are not an exception to this rule. We too have faced the same, which throws a huge challenge before us. We were pushed to choose between our life and career. What we would have done? Let me narrate!

Being employed as an HR of a well-known company in Cochin, I never had any dream of starting my own company, as I always prefer to play safe rather than jumping into an adventure. However, Nandhini has changed my perspective regarding my career and now I love to build my career and earn more to establish a fortified life for us. At present, my salary and the amenities are more than enough for two to lead a comfortable life but, I cannot think of the same for our children. Yes, you heard me right! I developed a desire, or to say precisely, dream of starting my family with my love, Nandhu. For that, I need to work more and do a few things to enhance my savings so that I would keep my little family safe and healthy apart from being happy.

My Nandhini would be a great mom and there is no doubt about that. But, will I be a good dad? I questioned myself so many times, considering humongous factors that might affect family life. As far as Nandhini is with me, we shall sort the things whatever they may be and must keep us sailing through the storms. With that thought in mind, I started looking for places to start my office.

Nandhini's PoV:

After what is feeling like ages, I finally got to see the notification released by the Government regarding the preliminary exam for Civil Judges, for just 56 vacancies. A huge relief washed over my heart as my dream of becoming a judge would be fulfilled soon. I am doubtful whether I would be able to clear my exams on the very first attempt itself but this will obviously train me to become a candidate and I shall explore and learn the methods and tricks to crack the exam.

First, I need to inform Kathir and I am sure he will be happy to hear this news. Ever since we became close, he is the very understanding person I have ever encountered especially regarding my wishes and dreams. I rummaged through the home and learned that he is chilling out with his friends on the terrace.

I quickly collected the keys and locked the main door to meet him on the terrace. When the lift/ elevator landed there, I took fast steps towards him, unable to control the urge to spill the beans. When he looked at my hasty state, he raised his eyebrows in question before putting his laptop down from his lap. "I got good news for us." I announced hurriedly and he threw a confused look. "Are you pregnant? No, you just had your periods and you were not showing any symptoms of pregnancy?" I placed my palm to shut his mouth and looked for any person who might have overheard his words. Fortunately, there was none and I slowly removed my hand from his mouth. "Slow down, Kathir. First of all, I am not pregnant and secondly, it is not something related to our personal life."