T H I R T E E N

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

C U D D L E S,   K I S S E S
&
C O N T R A T E M P S

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Today Harley had her date with Rafe. This morning John had dragged John B to school because he had received a phone call about John B skipping classes the day before. It was odd that they would even bother considering it was their last week, however it gave Harley the opportunity to slip out unnoticed.

Rafe had told her that he was going to skip classes for the day so that they could spend the day together. He mentioned needing to get a ferry to the mainland, so they'd be leaving pretty early.

Harley had cleared it with John, because she didn't want to lie or worry him in any way. To her delight, he was okay with it and even agreed to withhold telling his son, not that he was the gossiping type of parent anyway.

Rafe texted last night that she should wear something she could move about in, but nice. Immediately, she guessed they'd be doing some sort of activities over the course of the day. That got her thrilled and eager to go. It was also nice she didn't have to worry about getting a dress of sorts from somewhere. She would have only been able to ask Kiara and that would have meant spilling that she was going on a date with Rafe. She could have pretended it was somebody else, but the only other people she had spoken to on the island were Kooks.

Pushing pointless scenarios to the back of her mind, Harley focused on getting ready to meet Rafe outside in ten minutes.

Harley didn't have an abundance of clothing, but John had kindly taken her shopping for a few things a couple days ago with a promise that she could go again sometime with Kiara. Clothing advice, especially for a young girl, wasn't his thing and he expressed how Harley could get closer with Kiara over some time to bond.

From what she had, Harley opted for ripped up shorts and a tight fitting black top. She left her hair to fall in waves and grabbed a shirt that John B had given her to throw over the top. 

She ran through the items she would need, then double checked before texting John to let him know she was heading out. He had made it clear that she needed to use her gifted mobile to ensure she kept him informed of her whereabouts. He didn't expect updates every ten minutes, he simply wanted to know when she was heading out and when she expected to be back. He was the same way with John B, barring the times John B snuck out of school or skipped days; those times John was unimpressed. Harley had however noticed John's lack of reinforcement behind his reprimanding, his mind did often seem to be elsewhere and put it down to his work with those huge, antique maps and numerous coordinates. He was searching for something.

Harley heard the door knock as she stepped out of her room. The thought of Rafe stood right outside ready to take her on a date brought a beaming smile, that could outshine the sun, to her face. Butterflies swarmed her stomach, spelling out her excitement as she skipped toward the front door.

She saw his fuzzy outline before opening the screen door.

Her core tightened as her eyes scanned over Rafe. He had on black shorts and a loose black t-shirt that still drew attention to his sculpted biceps and broad shoulders. Her eyes trailed to his set jaw and smirking lips to his dreamy eyes.