N I N E T E E N

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

0 8 0 0   A D O P T   A

C A S T A W A Y

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"What's up Eight Bait."

Harley startled dropping her towel to the floor. Her heart had skipped a beat in fright. She turned to face JJ who had stopped in front of her bedroom door probably heading to the toilet or John B's room. 

"What did you just call me?"

"Eight Bait... Picture bait on a hook, you throw it into the water into the feeding ground of sharks. Lo' and behold the sharks descend. You are the bait, the sharks are the kooks. They saw you coming from a mile away and like an idiot you let the biggest idiot shark snag you."

"Are you high?" Harley's question was valid when you knew JJ.

"Yes I am." JJ didn't disappear like Harley assumed he would. "I saw you."

"You saw me..." Harley lifted her eyebrows in question as she picked up the towel she had been drying her hair with. "Okay. That's not creepy at all."

"I said I saw you. I never said I was watching you," JJ spoke defensively.

"And still it's just as creepy." For once JJ didn't look standoffish so she chose to give him the time of day. "What are you trying to get at?"

"I saw you in the water by the dock. Are you training for some kind of underwater sports or something that I don't know about."

"No. I was just swimming. And anyway, you made it pretty clear you hate my guts so you'd be the last person I tell about any hobbies I picked up."

JJ ignored pretty much everything Harley said and continued on in a lethargic manner. "Because you have PTSD about the night you washed up here. Probably wake up a blubbering mess. Yet you choose to dive underwater for a while at a time as if you're searching for something." JJ smirked. "Is there gold down there or something. Care to share, Castaway? This is my boy's land after all."

"You're rambling." Harley shook her head and spun away from the strange boy. Clearly the air must be getting to him like always because how could one kid be so hyperactive at all times, all the time.

"Is that how you're going to dismiss me? Damn those Kooks have taught you so much." JJ stepped further into the room and perched on Harley's bed looking to her now plain wall. "Where's your Rafe shrine? Or should I say your shrine of you and Rafe?"

"You mean my pictures. I took them down so that I could put up other stuff."

JJ looks around. "I don't see anything."

"Because I need to buy the stuff."

"Well why didn't you just wait to get the stuff first? Have you guys broken up?" JJ laughed. "Have you had an argument."

"No we're perfectly fine actually."

"Is this the part where you say you're irrevocably in love with him like you're that girl from that vampire movie."