T H I R T E E N

Harley finally got to see the drone the Pogues had stolen from the shipyard. She found it kind of funny that they had been so bad at being sneaky they had gotten chased by a dog. She could totally imagine Pope shrieking the loudest, JJ trying to bark back to prove he's an alpha, and John B trying to calm the other two whilst tripping over something.

The boys hadn't been amused by her giggles, though Kie joined in which made Harley laugh harder.

After the boys gave up trying to defend themselves they all decided to get back on task and test the drone out.

Pope took charge of all things technology, he had set up the drone and was manning it from the veranda. John B and Kie opted to get in the water so Pope could test the camera. So, JJ and Harley stayed with Pope. To JJ's satisfaction it meant he could mess around with Harley and tease her whilst JB and Kie were below the waters.

Harley felt guilty for liking the secrecy that came with her and JJ's relationship. It made things more fun and exciting and those were two things she loved. Her guilt shrunk everytime JJ squeezed at her hips, hugged her from behind and sprinkled chaste kisses along her tender neck. She liked JJ so much by this point that she didn't feel bad about her feelings, only having to keep it from her brother.

"Is this what it's gonna be like later on when we deliver groceries," Pope grimaced up at the entangled pair.

Harley grinned as JJ encased her in a bear hug. She enjoyed it for a sweet second before pulling JJ's hat over his eyes and pulling away.

She crouched by Pope. "Like what?"

The grossed out teen waved his hands in their general direction and uttered, "Like this..."

"No." Harley.

"Yes." Guess who.

Harley rolled her eyes at JJ and reassured Pope. "Of course not."

JJ grumbled but didn't say a word. He didn't want to push his luck and have Harley revert back to full secrecy. No hugging. No kissing. No contact when around the Pogues. Instead he bent over and reached for the drone equipment. "What's this right here?"

Pope smacked away JJ hand. "Don't touch that. I'm trying to work out this thing."

"I mean like, what is there to work out?" Harley peered over the boys shoulders glancing over the array of buttons, switches and toggles. "Isn't it just moving up and down. Is there an up button like a PlayStation controller?"

"No." Pope shut Harley down pretty quickly but seemed to rethink his tone. "Yes and no. There's just a lot of fiddly stuff to get it prepped for when we use it to find the gold."

"Which is when?"

"No clue."

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly man. What would we do without you to control the drones."

"Die." Harley joked but didn't like the way the morbid joke tasted on her tongue.

"Technically it's not a drone. It's a ROV."

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. It's too early for that."

After the teens came to a consensus, ignoring JJ's point of view of course, of what to do when they find the gold in the Royal Merchant out at see, Kiara had to leave. Pope had to get back to his dad to help prep for the delivery trip later and JJ meandered inside and flopped over onto the couch.

That left Harley and John B.

JB was sat out in the yard under the shelter they had on one of the beat up sofas. He had pictures, maps and a navigation system in hand. Out of everybody he was the most confident that when the waters eased they would be 400 million richer. So, if John B was confident then so was Harley. He knew what he was talking about and he had learnt everything from their dad.