E I G H T

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

K O O K   V I B E S  &  D I A T R I B E S

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Light giggles and laughs filled the air. Harley, Topper and Kelce regarded Rafe with their complete attention laughing at his utterly ludicrous anecdote. He had a confident smirk on his face the whole time enjoying the attention, especially from one person in particular.

Even when Rafe had finished, Harley couldn't stop her contagious laughter and so neither could the boys. Her and Topper shared a humorous look and both crumpled onto each other.

"That's so awful, yet so funny," she forced out between sobering giggles.

"That's not even the entire story, but I won't bore you with it," Rafe smirked and took a gulp of his drink.

"Look at him he's loving your attention," Topper nudged Harley.

"Is he always like this?"

"No," Rafe chuckled, the others disagreed though.

"Yes."

"Your friends know you the best," Harley chirped with a teasing smile.

"I wouldn't say they do. Whilst they are friends, I do have friends my own age. Today I'm babysitting."

Harley eyed the boys for their reactions. They didn't seem to agree with Rafe and they clearly didn't like the babysitting comment. Topper rolled his eyes.

"So how old are you all?" Harley questioned.

"Same as you," Kelce responded.

"Oh," Harley's eyebrows raised, as she turned back to Rafe with a teasing smile. "So is this you babysitting me, too?"

Rafe chuckled and shook his head. "No, unless that's all you want it to be. I was under the impression we were two friends hanging out and babysitting these guys."

"Sooo, I'll be getting paid then. Time is money," Harley switched her gaze from Rafe to the others. She raised her eyebrows expectantly and sipped on her smoothie.

"Don't look at me. I bought you that drink," Topper sat back.

"Honestly, Rafe should be the one paying us for taking him in and hanging out with him for the afternoon." Kelce smirked.

Finn and Jamie both agreed with Kelce, leaving Rafe to purse his lips and shoot them a quick mocking glare.

Harley watched the boys' interactions whilst finishing her drink. They definitely didn't have the same dynamic as the Pogues, but they were still fun to hang out with and very friendly towards her. The Kooks had their own chemistry and luckily Harley fit in.

"How about I pay you with another drink and food this time?"

She shook her empty glass. "I have to go, remember?"

Rafe groaned with an amused smile. "You do, unless... you don't."

Harley toyed with the idea of staying a little longer, she enjoyed the company of Rafe, Topper, Kelce and the other boys. They made her laugh and made her forget about her problems. It would have been nice to stay, but she wasn't even supposed to be at the restaurant this long. "A deal is a deal."

"You're right. I better give you that ride home now." Rafe began to get up, Harley followed suit stepping around to stand beside him. "I'm gonna get a drink to go. Do you want one?" Rafe's very blue eyes peered down into hers questioningly.