T W O

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

GHOST GIRL

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"This is insane!" JJ leapt around John B's living room in excitement. "You found a dying girl over the weekend, took her to a hospital and found out she has amnesia! She's basically a ghost. Nobody knows who she is or where she's from. There's no reports of any girls going missing. It's like she died and was reborn! This shit only happens in movies!"

John B, Pope and Kiara all gave JJ a weird stare, which he ignored. They found it odd how this situation had excited him all week through school.

Not many extraordinary things like this happened on the island. Everybody already knew about a mysterious girl that washed up injured and practically dead by John B's home; kids at school had been pestering him for details he didn't have. But, at the end of the day, there was a girl who potentially had nobody, sitting confused in a hospital room.

"I doubt it's any fun for her," John B muttered.

"Oh come on. Imagine having no links to anything, completely off the radar, no record of you anywhere. What would you do if you were a ghost in plain sight."

"Not pay taxes," Pope offered.

"Think bigger! Like robbing a bank or some crazy shit."

"JJ. She probably feels so alone when she has a family out there who misses her." Kiara tried to reason. An empathetic frown had formed on her face.

"Clearly not if nobody's looking for her." Kiara glared, so JJ threw his hat at her. "Anyway, JB what did your dad say?"

Big John was currently at the hospital not long having called his son.

During the past week, Mr Routledge had visited the hospital a handful of times. Nobody was allowed to visit the unknown girl, however apparently she had asked for him. He had told John B that the girl seemed to remember him and had taken a liking to him. As a result, doctors had asked if it were possible for him to drop by a couple of times.

"My dad says her head injury is healing nicely, although she is a bit forgetful with remembering new things right now. He's heading back now."

"How nicely does a fractured skull heal?" JJ asked.

"Why don't we test it out on you and see if it makes you more sensitive and empathetic." Kiara threw a cushion at JJ's head.

"That's not very nice Kie."

"I feel bad for her," John B voiced. "Maybe we could help try and find out who she is and where she's from."

"What makes you think we'll do any better than the cops?"

John B shrugged at Pope. "I don't know. I just can't imagine being alone you know. Like I couldn't imagine my dad not being here. Life would suck."

"Big time because your dad really is the man." JJ finally decided to throw himself on the sofa between Kiara and Pope who slapped JJ's hat back on his head.

From inside, the tyres of a car pulling up could be heard. Four intrigued heads popped up and peered through the large window. John B's dad got out of his car and walked around to the passenger side.

"We have a guest," Kie hummed out.

All of their eyes squinted, to work out who would be joining them. The first thing anybody saw was long, rich, brown hair.