【No Friends > Toxic Friends】

Feb.12.2021

Good Morning, I decided to start a routine. I am rooting out my toxic friends to make room for my newest and coolest friends: Me, Myself, I. 

We're great so far and today we made the big leap to be our own friends. 

Now let me just rant like a normal person. I am at a stage of my life where it's time to be independent. it's time to stop clinging to the past. For a couple months I've been in nostalgia mode. rewatching my favorite childhood shows and movies like the nightmare before Christmas, scooby doo, a series of unfortunate events, and how I met your mother (which is better than FRIENDS and the office combined so yeah. I've also been going down memory lane and sometimes repeating the mistakes on my walk down memory lane like having toxic friends. 

I thought my toxic friend days were over, but when high school stopped so did all my inhibitions. My standards for friends dropped because all my friends are gone, away at college. I should be texting and calling, but as I've recently found out I'm a terrible texter. I used to only text my friends reminders or update, but now I have no reminders or updates to give because IT'S Covid, everyday is the same.  other than gossip, what am I supposed to say except a new episode of Wandavision is out and I did more college. There's nothing important and on top of that we all have school work or actual work 90% of the time so yeah. 

So that's what happened to my good friends, which now that I think about? Are they that good? I should say how I feel, but who wants to come off desperate. and this is where the cycle begins. When I first met my new friends I didn't think they were toxic. We met on a school group chat and disliked the losers in the main group chat, so we made our own. It was great. We started hanging out in real life, going to places together, (mainly outside, because covid) and we studied/cheated but hey, it's college if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. and boom there is it,,, the toxic energy we love to see.

Now here's how my friends annoy me.

1) They make rich jokes because they actually think I'm rich. (I'm just smart with money and spend it on useful shit)

2) They use me because I have a car. I prefer not to be bothered and of course, they bother me when they need a ride somewhere. 

3) My outfits aren't good enough. It's one thing to say wtf are you wearing, but you don't have to roast my outfits literally every damn day.

4) They need my help cheating on the quizzes. I'm the only one that reads the chapter and is capable of getting an A on my own merit, but every week it's "let's meet up at the library to study, then it hurry up so we can take the quiz and you can help us pass." the only work they do is use an app called Socratic where you can look up questions and it'll search the internet.

And yeah, that's the definition of toxic. So I went to Reddit and posted a summary of my situation and the best response that came up is. 

"Toxic friends are not your friends and you're better off alone"

I will write a song about this because that line is beautiful. but anyway that's it for today's therapy and I will write every weekday when I wake up because it's good to have a morning routine. And I'm always working through some problem so I won't be different except I'm keeping this book as long. So yeah. 

🐱 Me out

(get it cuz it kinda sounds like meow.)