June 20, 2022

Two days until the podcast episode is set to go live and I haven't even started recording. I'm debating whether to drop the podcast or keep going. I like it. Everytime I record an episode I get better, I learn something new. 

Speaking of new things, I'm leaving social media. I've noticed my creativity dwindle when I'm active on social media. I've been active on Instagram and twitter lately and that's about to stop. I also find myself retreating to tik tok and reddit conversation whenever I'm in a bind and need small talk. I hate how I mindlessly scroll until my hands go numb. I was writing everyday until I started replacing the time with social media. I've also found that I'm impatient to the nth degree. I find it painful to sit and do nothing and that's not healthy. I shouldn't always have to be doing something. 

So, I'm gonna start reading and writing because if I ever want to publish anything in my life I have to start taking care of my mind. I've lost ideas because I was too lazy to grab my phone while binge- watching a show. 

Well not everything in my life is falling apart due to social media, my hair has grown. I spent this morning looking at photos of my hair when it was damaged and I'm so glad I did something, well stop doing the things that damaged my hair. It's curly long and healthy and that's all a girl can ask for. I'm also doing pretty well in school. I'm not over the fact I got an A in corporate finance, because accounting was so hard for me. I just need to do well in my current classes. I feel like I'm learning things, but at the same time I get lazy and constantly find it painful to sit and read my textbook. I did a great job studying for a recent exam. I managed to get a B+ and I will do better. The next exam is going to be in July and I'll be ready. 

I'm at the Starbucks and once I'm done typing this I'll get back to writing my book. I'm kinda scared though because I don't know where to start. This is my new way of procrasinating with school. Since i'm giving up social media AND streaming, I'll finally have to fill my time with stories, scenarios, dangerous adventures, etc. I'm also waiting for a package so every hour I keep checking to see if it will come early. It's not, I get the package tomorrow but I'm super excited and trying to get through this day. 

Today or tomorrow I will submit my application for a job. I really didn't want to get a job for the summer, but scholarship money is running low. Hopefully, I can work enough hours to make some money. I kinda went crazy with my credit card and while my parents would help me from getting into any trouble, I need to be self-sustainable. I want to be responsible. maybe I shouldn't have eaten out every other day. But somehow I managed to lose weight which is nice.

Now this is it!! off to writing about some crazy adventure. or attempting to anyway.