Declarations Of War シ

~Author POV~

"Uhm...whats this?" you asked, leaning next to Ururaka and gazing out at the large crowd around your classroom.

"Why are you all here?" she shouted over the commotion.

"Do you all have some reason to be here? Do you have some business with our class?" Iida questioned as students continued to gather around the room.

"They're scouting out the competition you idiots," Bakugo sighed as he brushed past you, purposely bumping his shoulder into yours as he approached the door. "We were the ones attacked. They want too see us for themselves."

"Eh, he's got a point. We did handle those guys pretty well," you sighed, tottering back and forth on the heels of your feet and nodding your head.

"Now you nerds have seen what real, future pros look like. So move it," the angry boy instructed as he glared into the crowded hallway.

"So...this is class 1A. I thought you guys would be impressive but so far, all I'm seeing is a bunch of jerks," a bored voice sighed as a slouching boy with light purple hair and matching, dull eye bags shoved his way to the front of the crowd. "Is everyone in the hero course this bad? Because let me tell you, it's disappointing to find you and be met by a bunch of egotistical idiots."

Bakugo leaned his head back and glared at the boy, stuffing his hands in his pockets as you walked up next to him.

"Hey, what's your problem? You show up and crowd us in our class, then start insulting us? What gives?" you asked angrily, crossing your arms and glaring.

"Oh, so there's another one? You see, I wanted to be in the hero course as well, but like many others here, I was forced to choose a different path. I guess that's how it goes. However, despite my failure the first time, I've been given a second chance. If any of us do exceptional in the sports festival, we could be transferred too the hero course. In turn, that would mean any of you who do poorly, could be swapped out. Let this be a warning. If you don't do your best, we'll steal your spots right out from under you, that I swear," he explained, eyeing each of your classmates wearily as he spoke.

He shifted his gaze back to you and Bakugo, staring at the two of you with a bored expression as some guy with grey hair and pointy teeth appeared next to him.

"HEY YOU! I'm from class 1B and I heard you fought some villains head on! But it looks like you're just a bunch of brats who think you're better then the rest of us!" the boy yelled as he clenched his fist.

You could feel the tension in the room growing, your very presence getting under the skin of the other departments. Bakugo simply rolled his eyes and brushed past you once more, shoving his way through the crowd of students as the guy continued to yell at him.

"Dude! You can't leave! You gotta say something! It's your fault they're all mad at us!" Kirishima yelled, trying to get sparky back in the class.

"They don't matter. All that I care about, is beating them."

With that, Bakugo left the scene behind as many of your classmates criticized his actions, and you watched the top of his head until he disappeared in the crowd with no intentions of returning.

"I'm gonna go slap some sense into him," you muttered, slinging your backpack over your shoulders and shoving your way through the crowd.