It's Not About Prideシ

Once the teachers finished explaining how the exams would work, they left the students to create plans or coordinate use of their quirks before they had to compete. However, since you weren't fighting anyone, and you were going last, you had a lot of time on your hands.

Most of the students wandered off with their teammates to go create plans, except for one. You caught Bakugo stalking off towards the back half of the building, and for whatever reason, you felt compelled to follow him.

He angrily stomped around the corner of the building, kicking at a rock that laid on the cement before turning around and spotting you. He sent a fiery glare your way, annoyed that he had been followed, even if it was you.

"What do you want, extra?" he scowled, turning away from your body once again as you slowly began to walk towards him.

"So, are you gonna play nice with Midoriya or not?" you asked, ignoring his question as you stopped just a few feet behind him, your mask still up on top of your head.

He let out an annoyed sigh, not wanting to discuss his chosen partner for the exam. Although, Bakugo had to admit, he wasnt entirely upset you'd followed him. Of course, he wasn't about to open up to you about his and Izuku's past, but perhaps he could tolerate being around you for a little while.

"That didn't answer my question," he shot back, glaring over his shoulder at you.

"And you didn't answer mine, hypocrite," you teased, resting your hands on your hips and looking at him. "I know I already said this, but you should try to get along with him, at least for your match. I don't care what happened between you two before hand, and I don't have any say in how you treat him after all this is over, but if you can't make a compromise you'll both end up failing."

"Oh whatever. There's no way I'm working with that nerd, especially if we're going against All Might!" Bakugo exclaimed, clenching his fists tightly and narrowing his eyes.

"And, why is that?" you questioned, clasping your hands behind your back and titling your head.

"WHY DO YOU CARE? It's not like my exam has any effect on you!" he yelled, growing angry at the pressure of the question.

"Well, it doesn't have an effect on me, but it does have an effect on you and Midoriya. And BOTH of you are my friends so I want to see you pass!" you exclaimed, skipping around and standing in front of him, not even the slightest bit frightened by his harsh expression. That surprised Bakugo slightly, as any sane person would've backed off and left him by now. However, not only were you still here, but you were standing directly in front of him, looking directly at his face with wide eyes. "So, are you gonna try and tolerate Midoriya, or should I tell All Might to beat you too a pulp?"

"No! I refuse to work with that moron! He's just a weakling who got off lucky. I'll beat All Might by myself!" he declared, inching closer to you as he spoke, fists clenched tightly.

"Hmm, I see. Midoriya isn't necessarily the problem here, is he?" you asked, raising an eyebrow and tapping your chin. "It isnt Midoriya that you hate, it's his power. You don't like that he came out of nowhere and suddenly started improving at an exponential rate. It's pissing you off because you want to be the best, and he's slowly catching up to you."

Bakugo froze as you spoke, staring directly into your eyes. How did you manage to analyze exactly how he felt in just a couple of minutes? Sure, he hated Midoriya. Bakugo found him annoying and nerdy, and didn't think he was deserving of his mysterious quirk. But deep down Bakugo knew everything you said was true. He was angry that Midoriya had suddenly began to show such great improvements. But not only that, Midoriya had improved using Bakugos moves. The nerdling that had always been so weak in the past, the one who didn't even have a quirk up until a few months ago, was suddenly catching up to him. And that pissed Bakugo off.