The Promise

I know it's be a while I last updated..
Here I am again..
even though things have not been going as expected, I  still have you guys in my mind..Lovy'all

Nene's POV

"Mom .. Getting another job is not that easy, moreover that won't stop me from sending the money I promised.. In two days time you'll hear from me"

I tried explaining to her through the phone.

She have been so worried I lost my job, and Tere my kid sis have been going from one hospital to another, her eyes sight is getting worse.

She started complaining at the age of 5, mom got her a recommended glasses, which help her for a while..
But now is worst.
she haven't been going for check ups and other medications ever since then0.

Doctor said she's suffering from amblyopia which refers to lazy eyes...

It mostly caused by imbalance of position of the two eyes..

The only way for her not to lose her sight forever is to treat it while she's still young.

"your Aunt already assisted me with 100k , I don't want you to ask her for anything again-"

"No I won't.. I know she did"

"then how do you intend to send that amount of money when you ain't working?"
She questioned.

I took a deep breathe before replying

"A friend of my promise to help me"

There I go again, calling my boyfriend, a friend.. Saying the words alone breaks my heart.
I know my mum is cool with me having a bf but have never mentioned him to her.

"really.. Adaebeba wa mee (thank you lord) but that friend of yours must be so kind or are you guys intimate?"

"mom.. That will be a topic for another day.. Firstly we have to save Tere.."

She signs sadly as she thought of the state Tere is..

"mom.. Everything will be fine. God will keep her sight, she won't go blind"

"Amen.. My God won't fail me, she will survive this one.
Just keep praying my dear, and don't go wild..
I believe if one door closes another one opens."

She encouraged.

"I believe mom.. I hope everyone is doing fine at that end..
How's Omeza doing?  he's now a better apprentice rii"

" yes dear..
In fact, he have been practicing with your dad old corolla..
He said he won't stop until he figures out a way to repair it."

Omeza, my immediate brother have been learning from a mechanic shop close to the house..
Since he haven't gained admission yet to University.
My dad advice him to start learning what he intend to study in school.. Mechanical engineer.

"Wow.. He's doing great, finally he won't be wasting his time on the field getting himself injured all in the name of football..

My regards to everyone.. I miss you all"

My eyes got wet saying those words..

It's almost a year I last saw them physically aside from video calls.

"we all miss you too my daughter Ohunene..

Lemme leave you dear, is too early for our chitchat.. I guess you have some domestic work to do.
My greetings to your Aunt and Grace"