I prayed hard never to meet him

~~unedited ~~

Am off work today, It's been four months now, and nothing interesting comes my way just my daily routine, go to work, come back home, wash my uniforms, clean the house, listen to music, have a little time with my cousin sister 'Grace'.

Though she's fun but we definitely pick interest in different things, she likes listening to only afro pop music while I prefer foreign songs and less afro, she falls in love with almost every guys have seen her with and go clubbing, she's always on her phone playing candy crush or chatting with all her boyfriends, blushing here and there.
Am totally different from her, I'll rather read novels, listen to music, check for news on internet, watch movies if I have any on my phone, cos I believe YouTube do consume a lot of subscription(data). Now she's in my room playing a new game that's similar to 'candy crush' while am at the other end of the bed reading novel title "I can't love another" by Nana ova_izy..

"have you been around town ever since you came? " she broke the silent..

"nope! Except the club you took me to that night" I replied, watching her to know if she could remember.
"oh yeah! That's true" she nods her head in sign of agreement
"that's a long time ago, you really need to see how great the city of Abuja looks like.. Jez! "
she said anxiously, she can't do without mentioning the word jez' I grin softly
"have you been to city mall before?, cos I learnt they have branches everywhere"
I run my hand on my forehead like am trying to remember if have ever come across Any thing related to that, she noticed my struggle with the question

"never mind, I'll just take you there" she relived me from thinking too hard, then gave me a kinda sad or pitiful look like I don't know the generation we are.

she will be 23 in two months time only 1 year 7 months older than me but she treat's me like she's way older than me, I do get pissed off sometimes that I have to remind her that she's not my mom.

She asked me to dress up in my cutest outfit, then she turned to leave "once you're done just come over to my room, and lemme show off my art work on your face "

She said on her way out with excitement written all over her face.

Immediately I got to her room, she flipped me to the chair facing a long mirror, I rolled my eyes, while I shrugged.
I'm not just a fan of makeups, She really love it so much that have never see her go out a day without make-up's on.

I was not really concentrating on whatever she was doing until she gestured.
"Talaaaaa!... Check it out"
I looked straight into the mirror and honestly speaking, I am not to be compared to Nene, I look prettier than her.. Am different..
"Wooow! You did a great job"
I said with my thumbs up
"you can say that again " she said blushing blue ..
"Ok there's no time for compliment, let's just.... Hold on a second.." She said looking at me from head to toes.
"don't tell me you're going out with me this way? " she asked putting her hands on her waist. I'm on plain white vest, blue jeans trouser and a white tennis like am going for sport or match.
Am looking like a sweet tomboy while grace was on a sexy pitch black short gown with a wage sandals
"yeah! Simple and cool" I said trying to win her over like am very ok with it, she smirked
"your wish.. But you need to put a wig on" she brought out some Brazilian long wigs, in which she put on one and gave me the other..

"Let's go babe.. " she practically pull me out of the room. I staggered, she smiled in a apologetic manner. then we head to the mall

*********

We alighted in front of the big mall that's accompany with series of luxurious restaurant, damn this place is nicer than all the places have ever been to back at Ibadan. She paid the taxi driver.
"welcome to CITY MALL" she gestured as usual. She tried not to pull me too hard this time while going into the mall..