Changes II

********
   The next day..
we left the hotel for the house Mr. Grey already arranged with an agent before arriving... It's in an expensive estate, where only the rich can afford..
The house is big and accommodative, the garage, grass carpet, decorations, painting, craft works and a statue welcoming us at the entrance..
Honestly, this place worth a lot but I'm wondering why he got this Mansion..

"I hope we ain't staying here forever" Paul voice cut me off my thinking..
yeah that's the question!.. though have been ignoring his attitude ever since they arrived, his always on poker face, acting wierd.. maybe he don't like the idea of coming down to Nigeria..

No one forced you anyways!

"Not really! But this our second home!" Mr Grey said while we both move the luggages in.. this man is too secretive..

"Who's this woman?" Pauline asked, pointing at a craft picture of a woman with clay pot Calabash' on her head, backing a baby..

"It is passing a  message of Africa culture.. what she have on her head, is called, Clay pot.. we use it to fetch water in the stream" I replied with grin on.. we've been getting along with all her bombastic questions.. that's quite cool though, maybe she's just like her father.

"Woo!.. do people still get water from the stream?" She baffled.. the look she have on, made me laugh a bit.

"No! Pauline.. everything is civilized now, you can only find that in the village or rural-rural area's" I explained, facing her with my  hands on her shoulders.. she's a smart lil girl..

"How old are you?" I asked..
"Am 17 years old.. and you ?" I was not expecting that, I thought she's 15' .. white children mostly look older than their age.

"Am 23.. I'll.."

"Hey! Let's go inside" Paul interrupted, pulling her sis with him.

Is this the only thing this guy is good at'
He's so rude.. I don't think we'll ever get along.

I turned to Mr Gray rearranging the parlor to his taste.. he moved the craft picture to another angle, facing the entrance..
He clapped his hands in form of dusting it..

"It's better here right" he said resting his hands on his hips..
"Yeah.." I said after my observation

He took a deep breath, looking at me like he's searching for words in my eyes..

"Son.. how's your mom doing?" Surviving' I thought..
"She's fine" I replied, playing my fingers on the sofa.. he kept on glazing at me..

"I'll be leaving soon.. I have somethings to do .. you can call the same delivery man, he will get you whatever food you want to eat" Pauline requested for pizza yesterday, which I ordered from Pizza hut nd Continental' as long has he already have another phone with Nigeria line in it.. he knows how to fix things quick.. well this not is first time here though..

He nods his head slowly
"I already told my agent to get me a driver and security man, I'll be getting my cars soon... Hmm!.. maybe.. we can have dinner together with your mom too.. like.. it's gonna be the three of us only..urhn!" He said it carefully..
"I'll talk to my mom first.. hmm.. no problem with that anyways" I tried to assure him

"I'll like to tell Pauline am leaving" i left to check on her before leaving..

____________________

I have a lot to do now, am on my way to Mom's house.. after giving her my feedback, I have to text mine' I know her real name now but I prefer the one i gave her without her awareness.. I don't know how she feels, it's been two days we last chatted..
We agreed on meeting to night for dinner in KFC.. I just hope she still have me in mind.

I don't really know what she feels about me but  I hope she feels the same way am feeling..
I'm always thinking about her, dreaming about our first meeting, wishing to see her, wanting to kiss her every here and there.. I just want to be with her, listen to her and hoping she does the same..

have never felt this way for anybody before, it's strange.. if this is love! Then I want it to overwhelm me...
Maybe I should call her now.. oh! No, hearing her voice alone will make me lost my brain, I might end up saying something else as usual.. that's why I prefer texting her.. I hope not to bore her this time..

I parked the car and head to the apartment..
"Momma" I said while I knocked
"Am coming" she said

Her cheeks grows bigger immediately she opens the door..
"My baby.. come in dear" I smiled and peeked her on her cheek before going in.
She went straight to the kitchen, saying she already prepared something nice for me..

"Orhn orhn! Momma.. only your food can make me add more flesh" I said sitting on one of chairs in the dining.. I heard her laughing.
She came back with a plate of porrage yam, fried egg & plantains.

"Woo! This looks delicious" I said licking my lips .. she smiled. She loves it when I compliment her, cooking is her hubby though.. she don't mind sharing her food with all the neighbors.

After the sweet treat, I emback in a conversation about what brought me here initially.

"Pauline is a very nice girl.. I bet you'll also like her" I said.. I told her about the twins in which happens to be my step siblings.. she's not really surprised but she never thought of them coming over.

"But I don't know too much about Paul.. he's not free with me" she have been quiet, listening to me.. and I guess she's wondering how it feels to meet them in person. She don't want to Jeopardy the situation.

"Momma?" She raised her brows

"It's gonna be okay!.. all is well" I said..
" I'll pick you up tomorrow for the dinner"

"Son.. I know you are happy to meet your father, and am also glad he wants you. But am afraid he want to take you away from me" she said trembling..

"No momma! He won't! Even if that's his intentions I promise never to follow him, trust me momma.. I can never leave you" I assured her. I hugged her tight..

"I trust you Son" we pull out..
I exhaled..
"I'll be leaving now, I have some other things to do"
"Ana was here some minutes ago" she said.
"What was she doing here" I asked curiously..
"She complained about how you refused to pick her calls, my baby.. I know you don't like her.. 'wo n kin fi oju olore gún igi' ( a proverb which says: you don't bite the hand of your benefactor) am not asking you to go back to her.. but please just pick her calls and talk things out, you can still be friend with her" she said holding my hands

"Momma.. you don't know Anabella as I do.. she's.."
"I know.. I know Son, she can't be a horrible friend.... dear" I took a deep breath..

"Okay.. momma.. I'll try, that's if she changes" her face glistened.

I stood up, illustrating that am leaving..

"Take good care of yourself momma" I said peaking her forehead.
"And you too son" she said.. and walks me out..

********

👁️👁️Eyes on😂

What do you think about this chapter?
What're your expectations 🤷

Vote
Vote
Vote😁😁