my dad

******

              The loud beep of my phone woke me up, it's so bright out there, the reflection of the sun was all on me through my window, I strained my eyes, trying to block it with my hand. I guess that can't solve it, am awake already what change does that makes.

I turned my face on my pillow and say a short prayer before leaving my bed, without bothering to check my phone, cos I guess it might be a text from Anna, I'm not ready for another qualms.

In a norms, my routine every morning is, praying Before leaving my bed, then straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth before doing any other things.
Today is Tuesday and I don't have lectures until 2 o'clock, I decided to do some laundry and cleaning before my  stomach started tumbling and making some unsual noise, I realized I ate nothing last night and the aliens in my belly are hungry

'oh you guys should stay calm, I will just fix tea or maybe pap'(pap is a local meal (porridge) mostly meant for breakfast,more like custard) I muttered, am kinda wierd at time, I like communicating with myself this way, I really wish things like this exist..
hahaha! If they do then, I'll leave the planet for another.

I prepared pap, before going to get Akara' (beans cake) some minutes from my house, it's an estate though, you can't easily get things from your doorstep, I have to do the walking because the best way to enjoy pap is to take it with Akara..

While eating, I decided to check on my phone, I have a lots of notifications from my school group page, WhatsApp, email, massage and other social media I don't use, I have no idea why I still keep them anyways.

I barely get notification from my email, which made me curious, I went there first to check it out.
The mailing is not familiar, i opened it

Dear Son
Albert! How're you doing? I hope you've been doing fine, I know have never been there for you but you really need to pardon me, at least reply me, that alone will bring me joy... I wanna hear from you son

Yours Sincerely

Brown Albert Grey

Really! What's this about, who is this? 'dear son' this must be a joke or wrong mailing  I murmured in shock, I scrolled down my inbox to discover series of massages from the same person..

Dear
Good morning, how're you? I guess you're Albert! She really did well to name you that. Actually I don't know how am gonna come in to tell you how sorry I am, for leaving you and your mum ASAKE, I never wanted to, am not just aware about her pregnancy...
I always loved her and I still do, I love you too, I want to mend all my mistakes.. your mom won't reply my messages or calls..
Forgive me SON..

Brown Albert Grey

Urhn! My dad? His dead! His he alive? Brown Albert Gary!! That's the name! Is someone trying to play a prank on me or my mom lied to me'
I kept on soliloquizing in bunch of questions and thoughts, I refused to admit all this is real.
I went further to read other related messages from the same person claiming to be my own father'.
I got some mailing from him 6months ago, I really don't know if am surprised, angry or sad, my feelings is complicated right now..

How come am not aware about the messages earlier' i thought.

This really not funny, after 23 years! He suddenly have a family he needs to check upon.
I lost my apatite, I cleared the food to the kitchen, I stumbled to the bathroom ready to take shower.
I don't wanna think about all this prompt news, I need to talk to my mom, she have to explain what all this about..

My phone started ringing, Ana's name was displayed on the screen. I Ignored it, she's really a bad timer, always at the wrong time.

I went to have my bath, I don't have streinght to do the laundry anymore, am feeling sick of everything..

I have to clear my mind off this..

I thought of going to Collins, my very good friend and his also my course mate, it's been awhile we've spend time together and Moreover, he dislike Ana,
Ana have once told him, she also don't like  him and warned him to stay away from me.. she's so rude and pompous..
My phone beeped, it was a message from Ana.
"Hey! You're not picking up my calls, do you think am still mad at you? Well have forgiven you.. ok! Just call me back.. love ya" 
I smirked..
Really!' She's taking my line, 'forgiven' I hate her guts..
I swapped to my contact number, I wanted to call my mom, but I have to calm down first I don't wanna talk to her for now..
I called Collins..

"Hey bro"
"Albert! Wow! How far guy? What's up with you"
"No ves for me, have been busy lately! Am sorry for not keeping in touch, can we meet?

"Okay! Am at the game center closer to school

"Oh okay I'll be there in 15mins time..

I arranged my books in my cross bag, then head out..

**********