Changes

Albert's POV

    Have been at the airport for over 45 minutes, waiting for the arrival of Mr. Grey, part of me hate to call him my father which part is over taking me the most..
I choose to be cool with everything because I don't wanna see that sad sobbed look on my mom's eyes..
I love her so much, where would I be without her, she do every possible best a mother can do for her child.. she makes sure I attend one of the best high school, she kept me away from bad environmental influence due to the place we're leaving back then, it was more like a ghetto, in between, 200 Miles to the urban areas..
She have endured and hustled a lot just to make a better future for me.. being a single mother is never easy.. I tried quitting school severally to look for any form of job but she only get mad at me for bringing up such decision..
If getting my father back can erase the stress and struggle, why won't I?!
  He left for so long, I really wished he have always been there for us, at least I won't have to rely on anyone for help or support..
Mrs. Sandra is a blessing to us but Anabella is frustrating... We moved to Abuja when I was very young, I heard a lot of stories about my dad back then but I only believe the one my mum told me until now.. he appeared again..
.. 
Well am not meant to be here waiting for his arrival if not the last email I got from him, he said he will be so glad and pleased if I can pick him up..

I only replied two of his emails, but I made it clear that, he shouldn't be coming for me alone but for my mom too...
He asked me for a pics of me, which I send to him and he sent his own too.. I have the same nose, hair, eyeballs with him.. it so obvious.

I sat down, with is pics displayed on my phone screen, watching if I'll see anybody that looks like him.. I stood up weakly, have been sitting for more than an hour now still nobody..

"Hey" a soft hand tapped me on my back, my upper torso.. I turned to see a white young girl in her teens, she's a brunette with blue eyeballs just like mine and a bright silver chain with Christ cross pendant on her neck, she's almost my height but younger in age I think.. she's smiling so wild at me.
"Hey" I smiled back.. I was still accessing who she is, before two other guys approach me with some luggages, one is older than another..

"You're Albert right! Oh finally am meeting you, dad won't stop talking about you, I'm Pauline by name and this my twin brother Paul.. and Dad" she speaks too fast, what made her so sure that am Albert..
I really don't understand what's going on here ..

I zoomed out the pics on my phone to check out if nothing is getting twisted.. well his the one.

"Albert.. how are you doing?" Grey said

"Am fine.. Welcome to Nigeria once again.." I grinned.. trying to change my confused state..
He grin back, our eyes locked at each other for a while.. the other guy stand few steps from us with headphone on with his hands in his hoodie jacket.. he's taller and slender than I am.. he have a slight resemblance with his twin.

"Have always wished, to visit at least one African country, I'm so happy to be here.. I hope am gonna see all those beautiful cultures of theirs" Pauline said with a puppy face.. I barely know her but I can sense that she's cool and nice.

"Can we get going!.. my leg hurts" Paul announced facing his dad.. I don't think he notice my present. I helped out with the luggage, it's just two traveling bag and a school pack bag with Paul. Lemme not think too far!

They all got into the car, after a long walk to the department.
Grey needs to explain what's going on here, I thought, his coming alone..
Pauline sat down with me in the front while I drive..
"So tell me.. what are the interesting things here?" She questioned, this will be a long drive.. I don't feel like talking.

"Well! They're a lot of interesting things here.. the music, culture, natural resources, traditions, craft &art and many more Pauline" I replied her with my most beautiful smile.

"I know right! Dad do tell me about them" then why did you ask then.. I don't want to be rude but who's she? Grey have an answer to that.

"I know the story behind Olumo Rock! It's quite a history" she said turning  to look at her dad in the back seat..
she pronounced the Olumo as Olomo..

"Give your brother chill Pauline.. his driving, you guys have a whole lot of time to talk later" Grey advised..
Okay! She's my sister.. I thought.

The journey to the hotel I booked for them was in a comfortable silence.. Pauline was the first person to jump out of the car.

"Wow.. this place is cool" she complimented..
We're in front of a landscape, Sheraton Abuja hotel' it's painted white with a spark of yellow bright light from the inside..
It's a very welcoming and comfortable place.

We head to the receptionist, she did the necessary check up before handing me the key, I booked a room for only Grey, am not aware about others.

Grey steps forward to the receptionist, and paid for three other rooms in dollars.

"I'll like you to stay tonight" he requested.. I nodded positively.. I have no other choice though, i don't want to complicate things more than how it is now.

I texted my mom, telling her, am staying with him.. I can't afford to text my mom using the word them'

While we head to our rooms, Pauline kept on observing every part of the building, from the two large photograph of both Muhammed Bello the governor and president Buhari, to the highly decorated flower vases along the passageway.. the hotel is one of the luxurious hotel here in Abuja.. she kept on looking all around the surroundings, I know she have a lot of things to ask or say, it's written all over her face..
We're all looking tired, so she has nobody to bother..

_____________

After taking hot shower, I dabbed the towel on my face, I put on my vintage shirt and nicker I have on earlier than take a deep breath before dashing to Grey's room..

I knocked at the door.
"It's Albert.." I said
"Please come in, the door is opened" I went in.. every room is classic and properly organized.. his sitting on a chair provided with a desk, there's a laptop on it, which I guess he was operating before I came in..

"Can you please have your seat... Son" he said offering me to sit on a sofa facing the plasma. I sat down, I have poker face on this time.. I don't know if I will be use to the way he calls me son.

"Hmm... Are you hungry?. Should I order something..."
"Am not hungry please" I interrupted.. he should just go straight to making things clear..

"Look Son, I know this is unexpected.. it's never my intention to make you dumbfounded.. I intend to come over alone, explain and sought out things with you and your mom" he exhale, I couldn't read his emotions but I can tell that is being honest.

"Pauline insisted and pleaded to come with me, and I can't leave Paul behind" he said audibly.. but that doesn't answer the questions running in my head.. I nodded my head slowly.

"Am meant to letchu know about your step siblings but I thought, explaining to you in person will be better.. I would like to have a time with you and your mom.. I have a lot to say if you permit me... I'm wrong.. pardon me" the look on his face now and the way his tapping his feet nervously proves that I exhibited some habits from him..
I nodded slowly..

"Humm! You can make an order for your dinner, they have nice Continental food here.. I guess Paul and Pauline will be hungry now.. lemme check on them" I said standing up to leave.

"Yeah I know.. it's been a while though" he grinned, slapping his hands slowing on his laps..

Woo! New characters 😜
I took my time to compose it properly..
What do you think about Albert step siblings ?💁 Do you think they will get along?..

Cover for the chapter is a picture of Paul and Pauline👫.. do you guys notice their sparkling brownish gold eyeballs?!😁😁 That's the resemblance.

Drop your comment..🕵️
Vote🙋
Share👥👌