Chapter One

This is my chance, this is my time to start a new life in a new country, new job, and new personality. Just new everything.

Placing the last box down in my new apartment it's small but cozy. The walls are a creamy white colour, the kitchen has white marble countertops to compliment the light wooden floors that run all throughout the apartment besides the bathroom.

I take a deep breath, taking in my new place the new chance I have to start this new life and I will not make the same mistake twice. By the time I unpack some little décor from my boxes giving my new apartment some life. I need to go online shopping and buy some furniture. The moon is beaming through the roof to floor windows perfect to take photos if I was an Instagram model however, I only watch those long sticks pose in my designs and that's how I'm standing in my New York apartment a 25-hour flight away from my home back on Australia. Well, my old home.

I pull my strawberry blonde hair off the back of my neck pulling it into a quick messy bun. My hair is damp from the sweat dripping off my body. I drag my feet to the kitchen counter, picking up my toiletries bag and make my way to my bathroom. I set my toiletries bag down taking a glimpse of myself in the reflection of the mirror. My cheeks are flushed a soft pink making my freckles disappear. I turn the sliver sink tap on letting the cooling water run through before cupping my hand and taking some of the cooling water in my hands splashing my face with the cooling liquid giving me some relief. I stare at myself in the mirror for a few more seconds before stripping myself of my sweaty clothes and stepping into the running shower letting the cold-water pelt down on my skin giving me a cooling sensation that makes me moan.

I lather my loofah in my vanilla body wash and trace the figure of my body letting the soap stick to my skin. I stand back under the water letting the soap travel down my body and into the drain. I wrap my skinny pale body in a white fluffy towel and wipe my hand across the mirror clearing it to take in my new fresh appearance. I slide my soft pajama pants and a light blue crop singlet.

I groan as I dig through my boxes pulling out the air mattress and pump. I slowly start pumping the mattress up until my arms are numb. I throw my pillow and a blanket on it before flopping myself down onto it and start scrolling through my pizza options for my first dinner in New York City. I chose a plain cheese pizza and press deliver. Great I have to wait an hour for my pizza. I huff and lay on my mattress staring at the ceiling. "You did this to me and now you're running." A voice screams in my head making me look around the room reminding myself I'm alone. "Krama's a bitch and it's going to come for you Charlie-Rose," the voice starts laughing making my whole-body freeze and sweat to build upon my body.

"What do you want? It's been a year and you still can't leave me alone," I feel a hot tear run down my cheek, "Please just leave me alone I didn't do anything to you," I sob, "Please leave me alone please it wasn't me," I cry louder.

"You want me to leave you alone Charlie bear?" I go to nod my head, but my body is still frozen in place. "Then tell the fucking truth and I'll leave you alone," my sobs grow louder until a pounding at my door snaps me out of my state. I shot up from my bed speeding over to the front door to see the pizza delivery guy at my door. I let a sigh of relief and grab my wallet giving him some money and taking my pizza with a polite "Thanks".

I take my cheese pizza back to my bedroom and drop back down on my bed and start scrolling through my socials. I go onto Instagram when a news article comes up Landon Heart Freeing Yet Another Innocent Life. I roll my eyes scoffing before taking a bite of the cheesy pizza. I mean he's a rich hot man- no a lawyer who is probably so full of himself just by looking at the picture of him shaking the man's hand I can feel the dominance from here with his dark brown slicked back hair with, his navy suit and black tie I wonder how many girls wrist have been tied together with that tie. All of his sharp features will make you drop instantly on your knees for him, but he's the type of guy who doesn't have a single bone in his body to love another woman he looks like he will only fuck you once and then throw you out the next day. What ass glad I'm not close to his level.