Chapter Thirty-Five

We laned about an hour ago. It's late too late to do anything but go straight to the hotel. The Uber pulls up to the hotel Landon has booked for us. It's nothing compared to New York City hotel but Landon's going to have to survive for a few weeks.

We grab our keys and head up. I count down the numbers to our hotel room until I finally come across ours. I open the door taking in the beautiful view leaking through the windows.

The walls are white matching the sheets of the bed... the one bed, the one fucking bed! "Where's the second bed?" I ask placing my next to the door.

"There's only one bed. We don't need a second bed," I grit my teeth.

"Yes. Yes, we do need a second bed, Landon. I'm not sharing with you!" I throw my hands in the air before resting them on my hip.

He chuckles running his hand over his stubble, "We shared a bed on the jet last night, we've shared a bed before it's nothing new," I wish to punch him. I wish to punch his perfectly shaped face. I want to leave a mark or a bruise, cause him pain like he caused me.

"Okay fine, I'm going to go ask for another room," I turn to leave but his body blocks my exit.

"Charlie-Rose you're being dramatic. We can share a bed for a few weeks, can we not?" he pushes off the wall pushing me further into the room, "It's just a bed. As long as you stick to your side and I stick to mine we'll be fine," his body stalks over mine, "Right?" he smirks at me.

I suck in a sharp breath of air, "Yes of course we can," I give him a tight smile.

The room falls silent, the air grows thick. My chest tightens with the tension rising. He stares at me. He makes my whole body shiver. A small smirk curves on his lips as his tongue runs along his bottom lip. I watch as his eyes drop from mine to my lips then down to my breast.

He chuckles turning away from me releasing the tension in the air. I take a gasp for air feeling air finally fill my lungs again.

••••••

The familiar smell of daisies and lemons hit my nose as I walk up to the bright yellow door dad and mum panted when they first moved into this house. It still smells of her. It never stops smelling of her once she died.

It's been seven months since I've been here. I miss it, then I don't. I can't decide. I gently knock on the door. I hear heavy footsteps grow closer to the door before it swings open. I see his dark ash blonde hair and deep brown eyes like mine. He has stubble and heavy bags under his eyes. He's had those bags under his eyes ever since mum died. He changed without but he never stopped providing and giving us the best life, he could give us.

"Dad," I whisper feeling the urge to cry.

"Bub," I fall into his arms sobbing, "It's good to see you again," he kisses the top of my head.

"I missed you so much dad," I cry hugging him tighter. And at this moment I realised how much I missed this place. I missed dad, my brother. I'm so happy to be home after everything that has happened, I'm just glad to be back home.

"I missed you too bub, I've missed you so much," I feel safe. I feel as if the last past months hasn't happened. He holds me as he held me the day I left, "Come inside and say hi to Harper," we break away from each other with some force and I step into the bright, white-walled house.

I can hear Harper talking in the living room, he has some friends over by the sound of mixed voices screaming at the TV. I turn the corner to see Justin, Harper, and Saxon sitting on the couch with controllers in their hands. I'm assuming Justin and Saxon are to keep their mind off the fact their sister just got arrested.