Chapter Eleven

As soon as we walk in, I notice a waiter from yesterday. I instantly snap my head to the ground avoiding any eye contact with the waiter. I follow Asher to the table he booked and lucky for me it was on the other side of the restaurant. I look at the menu taking in all the delicious-sounding food that makes my stomach grumbles. My eyes keep traveling back to Pesto alla trapanese. My stomach growls every time my eyes lock back on the words.

"So, what do you feel like?" he asks looking up at me from over his menu.

I look back down at the menu acting like I'm thinking about what to have but in reality, I already know what I'm going to have, "I was thinking of getting the Pesto alla trapanese," I finally answer after a minute, "What about you?" I ask finally meeting his stare.

His golden-brown eyes bore into mine building the tension between us. The air feels thick and heavy my throat instantly dries up as his eyes quickly drop to my cleavage and back up to my eyes. Asher doesn't give me the feeling Landon does when he looks at me, Landon makes me weak and at his mercy he makes me feel like I'm the only girl in sight. He is amazing in bed taking my mind off any of my worries making them melt into nothing while he pounds into me.

I know how bad this sounds and I know how hard I'm falling for him but that's why I'm here with Asher tonight to take my mind off him to give my body and heart a break from Landon Heart because I don't need a heartbreak right now. Asher is nice and seems to be very sweet he looks like he's ready to settle down and start a family, Asher is the ideal man for me, but the thing is my heart doesn't want him or alight as it does around Landon. I feel my mood drop completely. I miss, I miss him so much, why didn't I agree to let him come? I watch as Asher's lips start to move bringing me out of my deep thought.

"Do you drink wine?" his voice lowers making my stomach bubble.

"Mhm, yes I do," I nod along with my words.

"Good," he smiles at me and places his hand on mine, "Did I tell you have ravishing you look tonight," my cheeks instantly react to the compliment.

I clear my throat trying to pull some words together in my head, "Thank you," I smile brightly at him, "You don't look so bad yourself," I wink at him as a waiter walks over to our table.

"Good Evening," the younger waiter greets with a polite smile, "Have you decided on what to order? Or do you need more time?" he asks holding his notepad in his hand.

Asher looks at me and I nod my head, "Yes we are," he answers the waiter. He orders us our meals and a bottle of wine for us.

I wait for the waiter to leave before speaking again, "So, what do you do for a living? Since you never got to answer the first time," I ask him making him chuckle at the last part of my sentence.

"I'm a therapist," my mouth goes dry instantly.

"Therapist?" I repeat in disbelief.

"Yep, that's what I do," he nods as the waiter places the wine glasses down in front of us and fills them up with some red wine.

"Thank you," I mumble to the waiter who smiles and nods before leaving again.

"What about you?"

I raise my eyebrows at his question, "What?"

"What do you do?" he clears up his question from before.

"Oh right, sorry, I'm a fashion designer for Royal Blues," I smile at him.

"Wow!" Asher seems generally surprised, "That's really good, I mean you must be really good to get in there," I smile and nod at his disbelief.

"Yeah, they're building a new office for me," I can't help but brag a bit.