Chapter Twenty-One

The sunlight shines on my face as I scrunch my eyes and nose up ruining a good night of sleep. I groan stretching myself out. I pat the bed next to me to feel it is empty making my heart squeeze.

I glance over to the empty side of the bed- I can smell him in the sheets. His lumbersexual, woody smell dances around the sheets and into my nostrils as I take a deep breath breathing in his addicting scent.

I hear a click of a door turning my attention towards the bathroom door as I see the one and only Landon Heart exit with a towel wrapped dangerously around his waist. I rest myself on my elbows as he walks into the room smelling of body wash and cologne, "Good morning," I smirk at Landon whose body tenses before quickly relaxing again.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" he asks walking over to the bed and settling himself back down next to me causing the towel to loosen a bit around his waist.

I can't help but let my eyes rest on the towel that is loosely hanging on, the only bit of fabric stopping me from seeing him in all his naked glory, "Yeah I slept well would have been even better if I woke up with you still in bed, but I'll definitely settle for this," I nod my head towards his loosen towel.

"I'm sorry but I would love to stay and hold you, but I got an important call from my client. They need to see me ASAP so I must leave you here for a few hours," the pain leaks from his eyes.

His pain matches how much my heart feels right now the fact he has to leave me even if it's for a few hours I feel like I will drive myself insane in the time period he is away. Who knows I may even go home and pack up all my stuff and run away.

"Oh," is the only words I can muster out.

"I promise I'll try to be quick, but please don't go anywhere don't run," his eyes plead along with his mouth. How did he know I was thinking of running?

"It's okay don't rush I'll be here when you get back as long as there are croissants in the cupboard," hey if I'm going to stay might as well spoil myself.

"I'll send Trisha to go retrieve some croissants for you," he chuckles whipping his phone off his bedside table to text his cook.

He sighs standing up and tightening his towel around his waist, "I'll be back in a few hours I promise," he places his lips upon the top of my head.

Landon disappears in his closet leaving me alone in this empty bed by myself with my hatred thoughts that beat me till I can't move nor think. Till my body is numb and I feel like I have nothing left to live for.

A few minutes later Landon emerges from his closet and places one more kiss on the top of my head before leaving me for good this time.

And now I'm lying in his bed, sheets tangled around my naked frame as my mind rushes back to yesterday and not the good parts with Landon but the parts where Landon agrees with what Asher is thinking. Now I'm left to make one of the biggest decisions of my life, whether I run or whether I stay and get the test and maybe the worse news of my life that crushes the last little bit of me that feels like I can be normal again.

I let out a dry laugh at the thought of the word normal. A foreign word to my language. I can't remember the last time I lived normally where I never had to think of my past, or be reminded of the decisions I made back in Australia. Where I'm not reminded of the hell, I lived with losing my mother and my ex-best friend. Where I didn't see her everywhere I went, or I didn't relive memories in my nightmares, or when a walked into a place where it looks or feels familiar.