Chapter Twenty

It's been a week since the park incident and let's just say I'm dancing on cloud nine right now. Landon and I have been spending so much time together and only a quarter of it is spent in the bedroom other times we are walking around just taking in some of the surroundings even if everything looks the same.

We stay up late talking about all our coworkers and how annoying or weird some of them are. He surprises me at work sometimes to take me out for lunch or dinner and if I'm really lucky maybe even both.

Therapy is going great, however, Asher booked an unexpected appointment for me today because he wants to talk about something he has noticed over the time we have spent together talking about my past.

I wait in the waiting room on my phone messaging Landon telling him I'll come over once I'm done at Asher's since he has been begging me all day to save him from himself.

He got given today off, but unfortunately, I had a family come in for their fitting so I couldn't work from home, and then I was meant to go to his right after but then Asher messaged me so now he is going to have to wait another hour poor baby.

Asher exit his office and walks right up to me before I could stand up, "Charli-Rose," his voice comes off stern and his posture is tense, "Follow me," he starts walking off as I scramble to collect my stuff and rush after him.

I enter into his office instead of the calming relaxed mood that I normally enter into, it feels tense with notes scattered all over his desk and the coffee table, "Asher," I turn around and look at him, "What's going on?" I ask glancing over at the mess of the room, "What happened here?" questions needing answers.

He doesn't speak he walks over to his desk and collects a stack of paper placing them on the coffee table, "Sit please," he nods his head to the chair.

I try to remain calm as I take a seat, but I clench my phone in my hand with Landon's number on speed dial just in case. Not that I don't trust Asher, I do it's just I've never seen him like this.

"Asher please talk to me tell me what's going on?" I beg for him to start speaking.

He groans running his hands over his face. He stays there with his hands in his head for a bit when his body starts to shake and small sobs escape his lips, "Oh god Charlie-Rose I-" his voice croaks.

I rush over to him and place my hand on his knees, "Hey, hey what's going on?" I give his knees a squeeze.

I hear him take a deep breath as his body rises and falls, "I've been looking back at my notes I've been taking down during our sessions," he pulls his hands away from his face and I nod for him to continue, "And so I started googling up stuff about your hallucinations and the nightmares and everything you've been going through... and I just don't know why it didn't click sooner, but I started printing everything out that I could find about it and that's what this mess is," he words come out in uncomplete sentences which leaves me confused.

I turn around to the coffee table and pick up one of the pieces of paper and start reading it "PTSD Symptoms" the title reads. A gasp leaves my lips as my lungs feel like all the oxygen is being sucked out of them leaving me suffocating, "Asher," I breathe out, "You can't be serious," I start digging through all the pages reading them.

"Charlie-Rose," he calls picking me up from the ground, "I want you to go for a physical examination," a high pitch ring flashes through my ear as his lips keep moving but I can't hear them. PTSD! Asher thinks I have PTSD!  No, no, no he's wrong I can't I don't, "Charlie-Rose are you listening?" I look up to Asher with wide eyes.