Chapter Forty-Two

Ten Months Later

Wedding days are the best day of any woman's life but also the most stressful, "Char! Bree shit herself again," Kayla walks in with four-month older Bree.

Alaric is with Landon. He's three minutes older than Bree. They were really good sleepers for the first two months, but the last two months Bree hasn't been sleeping very well unless I or Landon hold her. Alaric wakes up at the slightest noise. It's been a tough past two months but it's been easy with Kayla being here and helping us.

She moved here about five months ago perfect timing really but she's going to be moving out soon anyway. She's moving into my old apartment.

I take Bree into my arms, but Cheryl quickly plucks her out of my arms, "No you're in white and changing a baby's diaper is not allowed I'll do it," she walks out of the room.

"God, you look amazing," Kayla smiles, "I'm glad you found someone that makes you happy Char I really am you deserve it," I feel tears burn my eyes.

"So do you Kayla," I hug her trying my best not to cry, "You should really give Asher a chance he's a nice guy," she scoffs tugging away from me.

"Let's not talk about my dating life right now," I laugh shaking my head, "This day is all about you and Landon and Till death do us apart bullshit," I smile watching the envy form in her eyes.

Cheryl walks in with Bree again but this time she's cleaned up and doesn't even have a hint that she's been crying, "Alrighty your dad is here let's get this show on the road," I nod and grab my bouquet of flowers.

"You ready to have me as your sister Cheryl?" I ask walking down the stairs.

"I've been ready since the day I met you," we all laugh when a gasp pulls our attention back.

"Bub," his voice cracks.

"Dad," I smile rushing down the rest of the stairs and into his arms.

"You look amazing bub just like your mother," he runs his fingers down my shoulders. I made my wedding dress, well technically its mum's wedding dress with a few of my modern day addons to it, "You ready to get married?" he asks.

"Yes, I'm ready you know just the normal basic wedding jitters," he smiles and nods.

Dad reaches his arm out for me to take, and we walk out of the house and into the car. It's time to get married. Landon has changed my life and he's made my journey with PTSD so much easier he's always there for the ups and downs and everything in between. He never leaves my side.

I love this man with my whole heart... most of my heart I have to save some for my dad, my friends and most importantly my babies. I glance out the window taking in the surroundings. These past ten months have been amazing.

I wouldn't change a single thing that has happened to me because if I did, I probably wouldn't be here right now getting married to a real man. Not a coward who kills someone and threatens his own girlfriend to destroy my family if I talk.

I shake the thought of Blake and tune back into the conversation. We giggle and gossip the whole way to the church. Dad swings the door open for me and helps me out of the car before passing me Bree for one last hug. Sharon takes Bree and Rose getting ready to walk them down the aisle first.

"Okay bitches I'm ready to get hitched," we all laugh as they do one last fix of the hair and dress before the music starts. I watch as Sharon walks Bree down the aisle as Rose throws petals on the ground for only being twelve months old, she has really grown up fast.