Chapter Eight

We pull up to... yep you guessed it a fancy Italian restaurant. I open my door and get out of the car and take in the place Rafele is written on a seaweed green light-up sign and under was the same but in gold. It was very elegant with a black and gold theme. It was breathtaking. Landon comes into view, "You got a bit of drool there," he wipes the corner of my mouth making me blush as his thumb runs over my lips, "Did I tell you how soft your lips are?" he asks as his eyes bore into mine, "Because they're incredibly soft," he places a peck on my lip before taking my hand pulling me into the restaurant with a bunch of rich snobs.

Landon talks to the lady at the front who is eyeing him up and down making me get a sick feeling in my stomach she smiles brightly at him before leading us to the table with rich lawyers. Oh boy do I feel out of place. He pulls out the seat for me before sitting down next to me, "Oh Landon you brought a date?" one of the older-looking lawyer says with his eyes on my chest making me uncomfortable.

"Yes, I did," Landon simply replies with no emotion in his voice. I adjust in my seat making it known to him I'm uncomfortable, "Henry how would your wife react if she saw you staring at a woman's chest who is almost half your age?" Henry adverts his eyes to look at Landon.

"My apologies," he tilts his head a bit, "It's just rare for Landon to bring a date. In fact, you're the first girl Landon has ever brought out for lunch so you must be something special," I don't know whether to take it as a compliment or an insult.

All the people here look older than us except for one who looks a few years older than me. I look over at her to see her eyes burning into my skin, "So what's your name mystery girl," her rich high pitched voice scratches through my ears making me cringe.

"Names Charlotte-Rose," I give her a tight smile.

"She has an accent you're not from around here?" thank you captain obvious.

"No, I'm from Australia, I moved here this week," I give her a tight smile.

"Oh? You're an Australian girl?" a lady looks at me in disgust and takes a sip of her drink. She must be in her late 40s with all her wrinkles. Age did not mix well with her, "So what's an Australian girl like you doing here in New York City?" she asks still glaring at me in disgust.

I clear my throat and look at Landon who is giving me a challenging look. You want to see an Australian woman I'll show you, Australian woman, "Well actually I got an internship at Royal Blues I'm their new fashion designer," I smirk at her, "And also you can wipe that disgusted look off your face about me being Australian," I bat my eyelashes at her innocently.

The lady scoffs and rolls her eyes, "It's not my fault Australians have made themselves out to be bogans," a stinging feel hits my chest and my eyes flash red.

"Excuse me," I clench my hands together, "Not all Australian are bogans do not go around stereotyping every Australian you see we are not, all the same, you tight ass bitch," the men from before spits his drink out, "I see however you are living up to the stereotype of New Yorkers," I tilt my head a bit, "You're snobby with you wrinkly ass face and duck lips who knows how many injections you got for them, I hope you know they look awful and yo-," Landon's hand find my mouth shutting me up.

"Enough Charlie-Rose," he almost growls at me, "Don't start something you can't finish," he drops his hand from my mouth while I roll my eyes and scoff.

"Wait did you say Charlie-Rose, I thought you said your name was Charlotte-Rose?" Barbie asks.

"Charlotte-Rose is my birth name, but my friends call me Charlie-Rose," I grit through my teeth.