Chapter Thirty-Seven

Life is full of tough decisions. Whether you tell the truth or whether you lie. Who do you save first when your whole family is stuck in a fire? Do you choose to continue watching your friend get hammered and called a murderer?

Secrets, lies, and choices. Everyone has them and everyone has to make them. Some are easy, some break people, some destroy family and relationships. And some bring people closer together.

Life is hard and unfair. I learnt that from an early age. You can't plan life- you can't plan your whole future. Plans always go to hell either someone dies or someone unexpected comes into your life and changes it.

I guess I should have known that this trial wouldn't go to plan as we hoped. They're smashing her. We decided to put her on the stand to see how it would go. It didn't go well at all. They hammered her with questions after questions not letting her take a breath to respond.

Landon slams his fist on the desk another time. It's only the second day of trial and it looks to be ending soon. Blake didn't show up today, but I have a sick feeling about tomorrow. I can tell he'll be there, and he'll make himself known.

My stomach knots together when Landon turns to face me, "Fuck why did I let her convince me to allow her to take the fucking stand," he slams his laptop shut and joins me on the bed.

"Not going to respond to me now?" he questions flicking his shoes and shit off leaving him only in his dress pants.

I shrug, "Kayla is good with her words and it's not like it matter that much if she did or didn't because nothing has changed," I continue flicking through the magazine trying to avoid eye contact.

He sighs adjusting himself again which makes my neck want to tick with annoyance, "This case would be a lot easier if you would tell me the truth," I groan closing the magazine.

"If I were to tell you the truth it's not just one person affected by it, it's six other people," I make the dumb decision to glance over at him.

Chills run down my spine to find him already staring at me. I lay down beside him still holding our eye contact. We haven't talked about the other night. He avoids every question I ask about it.

"Charlie-Rose, you can trust me that I would protect all of you if you just told me," his fingers graze over my hair before resting on my shoulder. His touch travels straight down to in between my legs.

I force myself not to lean into his touch. Landon's avoiding my questions he's telling me I can trust him, he'll protect me, but yet he can't simply answer my questions, "I can't trust you, Landon. You can't even answer my questions," my body tense when he rests his hand on my waist.

He doesn't speak another word we just stare at each other, with his hand on my waist. I get lost in his eyes. They're a dark chocolate colour. So, addicting, so captivating I can't pull my eyes away from them. My heart flutters against my chest as his grip tightens on my waist, "I need you," his words are like a knife cutting the silence.

His words send shock waves to my pussy, but I can't allow him to keep using me. I caved the other night but I'm not anymore, "You can't have me," I whisper against his lips.

"Why?" his question trying to press his lips against mine, "Why can't I have you?" Landon's thumb grazes my cheek.

"You hurt me Landon and you won't stop hurting me," I push myself away from him, "Stop fucking hurting me and playing with my feelings. You're taking my love for you for granted and it's not okay and I'm fucking letting you like an idiot," I stand up from the bed and walk out of the room. I just need fresh air.