Chapter Ten

I wake up with an arm wrapped around my waist and a warm muscular chest pressed against my back. I gently turn myself over to look at a sleepy Landon. He looks so peaceful- his eyes softly flutter while his muscles tighten around me. I smile to myself, but it quickly drops. The last time I was this happy was with him, the last time I felt like this, the last time I slept in another man's bed was when I was with him. I groan and try to push the memories out of my head. He killed her Charlie-Rose just let it go. My body rolls out of bed and heads straight for the shower. It was weird staying over at Landon's nice but weird, I don't know how to explain it. I drop the sheet on the ground and step into the grand shower of fun times. I give myself a quick wash and ready by the time sleeping beauty has just woken up.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," I tease pulling my phone off the charger.

He groans stretching himself out across the bed, "Good morning," his morning voice rings through my ears causing my body to tingle, "Where are you going?" he asks sitting up.

"To work, dumbass," I roll my eyes picking up my handbag and the dress, "Okay I'm going to go now, thanks for last night," I walk over to the bed and give him a kiss on the head when I stop in my path. What the hell am I doing? I turn back around and go to head for the door.

"Wait a minute Charlie-Rose," he calls out behind me, "I'll take you to work," I spin around and look at him.

"Don't you have work?" I question him.

He stands up and walks over to me, "No I don't, so I can hang with you the whole day then we can go out for dinner after you finish work," I blush and shoot my eyes away from his stare.

I hate this feeling, this feeling of falling- falling deeply in love with someone. It makes me sick and scared, well it did if it was anyone else, but with Landon, it feels right and easy to the point where it hurts every time each of us mentions that we are simply fuck buddies. My heart aches for him and wants him near all the time but, I can't, and I know I can't which makes my heart sting and a sick feeling bubble in the pit of my stomach making me want to throw up.

I sigh looking back at him, "I can't tonight," I watch as his brows furrow together.

"Why not?" he asks.

"Because I already have plans for tonight with a friend," he pulls away a bit making me want to whine but I swallow it back.

"A friend?"

"Yes, a friend. I made a friend, and he owes me dinner," I regret my words right away.

"He?" he glares at me, "So your friend is a he?" he asks, and I nod, "Then if he's your friend he won't mind if I tag along with you," a confused look crosses over my face.

"What?" exactly what the hell is with this jealousy and overprotection all of a sudden? I blink a couple of times waiting for him to reply but no answer comes, "No, Landon you can't come out for dinner with us it's just between me and him," I watch as his jaw clenches, "But you can hang out with me at the office all day, however, once I finish work you must leave," I want to have dinner with him but it would be rude of me when I promised Asher it would just be us too.

"Okay fine," he gives up too easily.

"That's it not going to put up a fight?" I question his suspicious play.

Landon shakes his head, "No I'm not," he kisses my cheeks making me feel all giddy, "Now wait here while I get ready and I'll take you to work," he quickly swoops his head down and pecks me on the lips before walking away leaving me cold and desperate for him to come back.