Chapter Five

I wake up to the sun shining through the cracks of my curtains. I hear a light snoring next to me. I tilt my head up to see a dead asleep Landon with his arms draped around my waist. I slide myself out of his grasp and tiptoe around the room slowly picking up his and mine. I throw my clothes in the laundry basket and fold his and neatly sit them on the chair when I feel something in the side of his suit jacket. I glance over to Landon to see him still peacefully sleeping. I start digging through his suit jacket seeing if there is anything I could use against him if things go for the worse. My fingers glide over something which makes me take it into my grasp and pull it out to see it's a flash drive. I quickly place the jacket down and tiptoe out of my bedroom into the main part of my apartment. I quietly pull the door almost shut not fully closing knowing it will wake him.

I quietly slide myself down into my chair and flip my laptop screen open and place the flash drive in. I watch as the file pops up on my laptop screen. It's endless files of information on people and cases. I keep scrolling until I come across mine and Kayla's named file. I quickly click on it to see files of information about everything that happened to Harley Quest, "So he has everything thing about you and Kayla but not Bla-".

"Don't say his name," I hiss to Harley, "As I said his parents would have covered up for him," I go to click on some security footage when my bedroom door creaks open and I quickly pull the flash drive out of my laptop and shove it in one of my desk drawers before turning to see Landon leaning against the doorway rubbing his eyes, "Morning sleepyhead," I greet him before standing up and walking over to the kitchen to brew up some coffee.

"Good morning," he greets back before walking up behind me enclosing me in his arms, "What were you doing on your laptop that made you freak out when you heard the door open?" he asks making my body tense under him.

"I didn't it just startled me," I answer quickly, "I kind of forgot you were here for a second," the lame excuse follows quickly after.

I feel his breath on the back of my ear, "Why are you lying Charlotte-Rose?" he whispers, "I hate liars and I know when people are lying it's my job after all," he nips my ear making goosebumps scatter all over my skin.

I let out a nervous laugh, "I'm not," I stammer out, "Coffee?" I ask as my weak attempt at changing subjects. I reach above to the cabinets to grab the mugs and pour the coffee into them, "Sugar?" I ask pushing him back a bit to grab the sugar.

Landon's hand reaches for mine stopping me in my reach for the sugar, "You suck at changing the subject, what are you hiding sweetheart?" he asks as I try to pull from his grasp making him tighten his grip, turning me around planting me on the kitchen counter, "Don't make me force it out of you sweetheart. We can either do this the easy way or the hard way," his voice becomes serious and dangerous.

I let out a frustrated sigh, "It's not Landon, and plus you're not my boyfriend I don't have to tell you anything if I do remember I'm just your fuck toy," I hiss at him.

He lifts me up from the counter but doesn't let my feet touch the ground, "So you've chosen the hard way," he places me down on the couch before disappearing somewhere. I sit up to see him reemerged from the bedroom this time with his tie in his hand.

"What are you doing?" I ask my eyebrows furrow together.

Landon towers over me, his natural scent lingers through my nostrils making me addicted, "You chose the hard way sweetheart," he grasps my wrist and in one swift movement tying them together and pegging them above my head, "Since I'm feeling nice today, I'm going to ask you one more time. What were you doing on your laptop Charlotte-Rose?" he asks as my name roll of his tongue.