Chapter 2

The next morning I wake up from the blinding sun. 

I get up and head outside. Madi is eating cereal. "Morning Lily." She says her mouth full of cereal.

"Morning," I reply back. I guess now is the time to tell them I'm meeting u p with Carlos later this evening. 

I clear my throat. "So, I am going out tonight....with Carlos Malenkov." 

Jules and Madi stop what they're doing and look straight at me. Then they squeal in delight. 

"What are you gonna wear?!" Jules screams. 

"I don't know." I shrug.

"Well you have to know you're going on a date with Carlos Malenkov!" Madi shouts. 

Both girls usher me back to my room. "The dinner isn't until 7 you idiots." I throw pillows at them. Jules catches one and throws it right back at me. 

"But you still need something to wear," Madi says rummaging through my closet. "How about this one?"  She holds up a red dress that I didn't even know I had in my closet.

"Uh ew. You are not wearing that one. Wy do you even have that in your closet?" Jules asks me. "Ooooh, this one is perfect Lily!"  She shouts and throws a black lace dress to me.

"It's too revealing," I say.

"Hmph," Jules pouts.

After a few yes and no's, we finally come upon a nice outing dress for me to wear.

I put on some black high heel boots and curl my hair just a bit. Jules suggests I wear some makeup. 

It took us nearly 3 hours just for that. Since I woke up around 12 pm, it's already almost 4 pm. I have 3 hours of just chilling now. 

Time has passed by and before I know it Madi and Jules push me out the door. My phone rings and I pick it up. I receive a text message from Carlos saying he's waiting downstairs for me. I wonder how he knows where I live. 

I head downstairs. Outside I see a black SUV and a guy standing outside. It's the same guy that showed me my way to Carlos' office. Not to mention embarrassed me on my first day. 

He opens the door for me and I slide inside the seat. I turn to my side and see Carlos sitting there. Texting away on his phone. Once he sees me he puts his phone in his back pocket.

"Noah, start the car and drive to the restaurant," Carlos says not taking his eyes off of me. 

"Bellisima," he whispers. (beautiful)

I look away out to the window, still feeling his gaze on me.

We arrive at the fancy restaurant and Noah comes around to open my door for me. Carlos puts his hand on the small of my back and leads me into the restaurant. He greets the hostess and she leads us to our table.

We arrive at a little booth in the corner. 

It's a bit awkward at first until I clear my throat. "So. Why did you invite me here?" I ask slowly.

"Well, I wanted to congratulate you on giving you the job." My eyes widen at his words.

"Wait really?" I asked still in shock. He nods his head. "Thank you so much, Mr. Ma--Carlos," I say 

We then order our food and just talk about a few things. I learned that he is indeed Russian and Italian. He's 25 years old and runs a powerful business. Which I wonder what that is. 

Soon we have finished our meals. I take out my wallet to pay for my food until he puts his hand up.

"I'll take care of that." He snatches the bill off the table. 

"I can do it," I say trying to reach for it.

He keeps it out of my reach. I eventually give in and mutter a thank you.

"You don't have to thank me amore," he says. 

He then takes me home and makes sure that I enter my building before driving off. 

I head up the stairs and back into my apartment. As soon as I step foot inside I hear feet running down the hallway. Jules and Madi come running and bumping into each other on the way.

"Did you get the job?" They both ask at the exact same time.

"Yes, I did," I say with a smile on my face. 

"Woohoo!" Madi jumps up and down.

"Let's celebrate!" Jules says. 

"I'm kinda tired right now, you guys," I say yawning.

"Okay, we can always go tomorrow," Jules says.

I didn't even get the chance to shower and brush my teeth before sleep took me. 

-------------

I hope you guys enjoyed this episode. Any thoughts so far on Carlos? I would love to know your guys' opinions. Remember not to write any negative comments! :)