Chapter 35

"You gotta use your arms not your wrist," Carlos says. We are currently learning how to fight with weapons. These are fake weapons of course, Carlos would kill my opponent if anything is to happen to me. 

My opponent manages to knock me down, which means he wins.

"Break please," I say panting. Carlos hovers over me and chuckles lightly. "I'm sweating in here," I say getting up.

"Fine, we can take a break because your pretty little ass is tired," He says laughing and slaps my ass. 

"Ow!" I say and try to slap his to but he only catches my wrist. He pulls me close so that we are only half an inch apart. Then he crashes his lips down on mine in a chaste kiss.

I hop off the ring and grab my water bottle. Since we got here, Jules has been a bit down. The look of sadness in her eyes is evident. I follow her gaze to see Noah chatting with Kassidy.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Huh? Oh yeah, perfectly fine," She says. She doesn't sound fine but I don't push it. I look back at Noah and Kassidy to see them laughing at something. 

I know what's going on. 

I walk towards Noah. "Noah hey, um could you help Jules with the knives?" I ask him.

"Yeah, sure," He says and walks off. I turn to Kassidy.

"Can you help me with these?" I show her what I'm holding. She grabs the wraps and wraps it around my hand so that when I throw punches it wouldn't hurt as much.

I turn back around to look at Noah and Jules. Her face has a smile containing it now. You're welcome Jules.

"Let's get back everyone!" Carlos shouts. 

"Okay, now we're gonna work on punches. This is a punching machine. It can calculate how hard you throw your punches. Everyone line up,"  Carlos says. I like this leader side of him. If only he can show it in the bedroom for often. 

A blush rises to my cheeks from the thought. I shake my head to clear the thoughts away.

"I'll demonstrate how hard you should throw it, if not harder," Carlos says and throws a punch to the machine. The numbers rise. 735 energy of force. That is a lot.

"Lily, why don't you go next?" Carlos says. This bastard is trying to embarrass me!

I slowly walk up to the machine and try my hardest to throw the punch. The bag barely moved an inch compared to Carlos. 135 energy force.

"Lilypad you're so bad at this," Jordan says laughter attacking him.

"I'm good, just not in the moment right now," I say defensively.

"Riiiiight," Chase says. 

"Jules, give it a go," Carlos says. She throws a punch harder than Kassidy. 357 energy score. I'm really impressed, I didn't know she could punch so hard. 

"Not bad, but better than Lily," Carlos laughs. I smack him in the chest but his quick reflexes catch my wrist and places a kiss there.

"That's pretty good butterfly," Noah says and wraps an arm around her. Kassidy rolls her eyes and scoffs. 

"Watch how a real fighter does it," Kassidy says with an attitude and walks up to the machine. She throws a punch almost as hard as Carlos. 439 energy score. She walks back swaying her hips and glares at Jules. 

Madi goes next and scores 251. Chase and Jordan follow as well score a 593 and a 641.

It's Noah's turn now. He punches the machine and scores a 689 energy score.

"You did so good Noah!" Kassidy says and runs to hug him. I hear Jules huff and walk out the door.

"Let's take a 15," Carlos says and everyone scatters away. 

I walk out the door to follow Jules. I see her sitting on one of the benches. I take a seat next to her and place my hand on her shoulders. She looks up with sadness in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's nothing," She shrugs. 

"Hmm, it's Noah. Isn't it?" I ask her. She looks up at me and nods her head.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, Kassidy isn't any of my bridesmaids. And since Noah is Carlos second-in-command and best friend, he's his best man. Which means you to get to walk down the aisle together," I say trying to cheer her up.

"Thanks sis," She says quietly and hugs me.

"Now, let's go and wear our energy out," I stand up and offer my hand to her who reluctantly takes it. Once we're inside, Noah and Kassidy are sitting together.

The smile on her face from earlier vanishes into a frown. 

"Okay I want everyone to pair up!" Carlos shouts to everyone. All the recruits find partners. Chase amd Madi decide to go together. Carlos pulls me to his side.

"I wanted to go with Jordan," I say sarcastically.

"Right, like Jordan could make you scream his name," Carlos retorts back quietly so only I can hear with a smirk on his face.

Noah and Kassidy are paired up, of course. This girl is starting to get on my nerves. But it's not like her and Noah are dating right? He wouldn't flirt with Jules if he already has a girlfriend right? And he also wouldn't be such a jerk to lead her on. If so then I might just have a word with him.

Jules and Jordan end up going together. 

"Okay, now I want you guys to practice fighting each other. And please don't try to injure one another, I want all of you looking not filled with bruises on our wedding day got that?" Carlos yells out to everyone who replies with a bunch of 'yes sir'.

"Show me what you got amore," He says and takes his stance. I swing my leg hoping to kick him on the side but he catches it and throws me over his shoulder. "Too easy," He says and sets me back down. I roll my eyes.

I place a kiss to his lips and take that time while he's distracted to kick him in the nuts. He groans in pain and slumps to the floor. I climb on his back and put him in a headlock.

"Don't let your opponent distract you," I say to his ear.

"You forgot one thing amore," He says.

"And what's that?" I ask him. Then all of a sudden he flips us over so that he lands on top of me.

"Don't use your wrists to lock me in," He says close to my face. "It's easy to snap and plus, you're  not that heavy," He adds and climbs off of me.

******

About an hour later everyone is filled with sweat. The recruits are all gone and went back to their homes. Carlos and I are he last ones there along with Noah, Chase, and Jordan. Madi, Jules, and Kassidy all wne up to take a shower.

"You all did good today," Carlos says. "Well, except you amore," He shoves me playfully. 

"Oh please, I bet I can take on all of you and still win," I say confidently. I know I can't even take Jordan and he's the weakest one of all but I gotta show no mercy here.

"Oh really? How about tomorrow? Same time?" Carlos suggests. My eyes widen. Is he really being serious right now?

"Umm, maybe not tomorrow, we do have a wedding coming up and I don't want you guys to be filled with injuries," I say with a smile.

"Ah yes, the wedding my soon to me wife," Carlos says and kisses me. 

----------

Anyone else hates Kassidy? I'm starting to hate her even though I created her character. Thank you for reading :)