Chapter 38

Lily's POV

I wake up to an arm wrapped tightly around my body. I smile at the thought. I turn around to be met with my husband. It sounds weird for me to say. I brush his dark black hair away from his face and kiss his forehead.

He stirs in his sleep and soon his eye flutter open and a smile appears on his lips. 

"Good morning my beautiful sexy wife," Carlos says in a deep husky morning voice. 

"Good morning my handsome gorgeous husband," I say. He pulls me towards him and crashes his lip onto mine. I feel him smile in the kiss.

It's already the end of our little honeymoon. I never want to leave this place. Yesterday Carlos took be to a picnic outside to see the beautiful view. 

"I don't wanna leave yet," I whine after I break the kiss.

******

Carlos is driving us home. His hand on my thigh and he squeezes every so often. I look out the window to see the view drive past by. I turn to look at him and his muscular arm grips the steering handle.

Soon I see our home arriving to our view. We get out of the car and I see some of Carlos' guards carry our bags inside the house. 

Carlos drags me to the couch and sets me on his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck and he nuzzles his head in the crook of my neck. I feel him sucking there and I moan. The ringing of his phone interrupts us and I hear him groan. 

"What." Carlos sternly says into the phone. "Okay, put him in the torture chambers," He says and puts his phone away in his pockets.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Come with me amore," Carlos stands up and takes my hand in his. We walk down a corridor underground. 

This place gives me the creeps. Then Carlos stops at a door and enters a passcode. My eyes widen at the sight in front of me. 

There's a man strapped to a chair and guards everywhere. A mask over his face preventing me on seeing who he is. Noah, Chase, and Jordan all stand surrounding the man who squirms in his seat.

"Who is this?" I ask everyone.

"This, my love, is the man who tried to kill you," Carlos says with a smirk on his face. Then Carlos takes the mask off and the world stops spinning.

No. No no no. Why?

"Caleb?" I ask but more comes out in a whisper. "But why?" I ask still sounding quiet.

"What do you mean why? You left me!" Caleb yells. "If I couldn't have you then neither can he," Caleb nods his head to Carlos who has his arms cross in amusement.

"Caleb we weren't good for each other and you knew it," I say back, anger lacing my voice.

"No, I loved you with everything I had. And then you decided to leave me," Caleb says, his eyes glaring daggers at me. I shake my head.

"Yeah I did Lily, but now you've awakened an anger inside me. Seeing you with this sick so-called mafia man--," Before he could even finish his sentence I punch him in the face.

I can't believe I just did that. I look at my hand. I just punched someone. I turn to loom at Carlos who has a smile on his face. Then I turn back to Caleb who spits out blood from the cut I created on his lip.

"Ha, still weak as ever I see," Caleb spits out. "I'm so glad that once you left I finally got my hands on that slut at school."

"What?" I ask him.

"Yeah, right after you left I knew I wasn't gonna get you anytime soon. So I got a call from Vanessa. Remember her? Yeah, we fucked all night long," Caleb says smirking.

I punch him across the face again. His face forming bruises on his right cheek. 

"Can I amore?" Carlos asks wrapping an arm around my shoulder. 

"By all means, go ahead," I say to him. I've never killed a man before but Caleb is an exception. I cared for him, but I never loved him. 

We just weren't meant for each other.

Carlos pulls out his gun and aims it at Caleb. He looks at me for reassurance and I nod my head. I close my eyes not wanting to watch the scene that plays in front of me. 

Then I hear a gunshot.

I open my eyes back up to see Caleb. His face pale and eyes closing. He grimaces for the last time. I see the bullet that strikes through his heart. 

His eyes stare right into my soul as the life leaves him. I shiver from the feeling. 

"It's over," I whisper to myself.

I feel Carlos wrap his arms around me. As if trying to console me but no tears flow. The only emotion I feel is relief. Relief that no one's after me.

Caleb was the last person I thought would harm me. We left on good terms.

******

Flashback

I can't believe it. I got into my dream college. But then I realize it's far away from my home. I can tell Caleb, but he won't be too happy. 

A few hours later.

Caleb arrives at my house and knocks on the door. I run to open it and reveal a smiling Caleb with flowers in his hand.

"Hey beautiful," Caleb says and kisses my cheek.

"Hey," I say. I guess he could sense something was wrong because his face frowns.

"What's wrong?" he asks and leads us to my couch.

I take a deep breath.  "I got into my dream college," I say. he stands up and wraps his arms around me. 

"I'm so happy for you baby," Caleb whispers in my ear. "But what's upsetting you?" He asks.

"It's not here," I whisper. I know Caleb wanted to go to college together here in our home.

"Okay? Why are you upset?" He asks wiping the tears away from my face. 

"Caleb, that means we have to have a long-distance relationship. You know how that works out," I say.

"Lily it's okay," Caleb says soothing me. I nod my head. We can make this work, right?

6 months later

I got a call from Caleb.

"Hey babe," Caleb says on the other line. We haven't been speaking to each other much lately. It's like we're drifting apart. My feelings for him fading with it. 

"Hey Caleb," I say sighing. "I've been meaning to tell you something," I say to him. This is it. it's time to tell him it's over between us.

"Look, I feel like we're drifting apart and I'm starting to lose my feelings for you so what I'm trying to say is that I think we should break up," I say rushing it all out in one breath. It's silent on the other end.

"Ok. If that's what you want. Have a good life Lily," He says. Then mumbles something in the end I couldn't quite understand.

Caleb's POV

"Ok. If that's what you want. Have a good life Lily," I say. "This isn't the end," I say quietly making sure she doesn't hear me.

End of flashback

----------

Caleb is dead. Now there's no threat left to ruin Carlos and Lily's new life :) I hope you guys are enjoying this book.