Chapter 8

Carlos POV

I get dressed ready for my little date with Lily. I can't wait. Why am I feeling so excited to see this girl? She isn't important. But my heart says otherwise. 

It's around 6:45 pm and Noah knocks on my bedroom door.

"Come in," I say while adjusting my collar shirt.

Noah opens the door and says, "you're going out with this girl again?" 

I sigh and turn around. He has a smirk on his face that I want to slap his head.

"Just a thank you from her for giving everyone a raise," I say.

"Whatever you say, boss," Noah says and walks out of the room.

I check the time to see it's read 6:57. I hurry and grab my phone and head out downstairs. I tell my staff I'm leaving for the night and will be back later. Then I head outside to my Rolls Royce. 

Lily's POV

With the help of Jules and Madi, I manage to get dressed just in time. I wear a black background with floral prints on it. It shows my cleavage a lot which I try to cover up with my hair.

I take a look at the mirror once more before I hear a knock at the door

I take a look at the mirror once more before I hear a knock at the door. That must be Carlos. I check the time and see that it's 7:05. Madi comes and says, "Your date is here." with a smile on her face. 

I know both Jules and Madi are happy for me. But this is just a thank you nothing more. It's not like we would actually start a relationship. I mean he is my boss for goodness sake.

I grab my mini handbag and phone and head outside. There I see Carlos leaning against the kitchen counter. He has an expensive watch on his wrist. He scrolls through his phone and I clear my throat.

"You're late," I say.

"By two minutes. I'll make it up to you." He says putting his phone away.

He stretches his hand out for me to take and I do. Madi and Jules wave us off goodbye and we head out the door. We walk down to the parking lot until I spot an expensive-looking car.

Carlos open's the door for me and walks around to the driver's side.

"You look beautiful as always amore." He says looking at me with adoration. Gosh, I hate it when he does that because it makes me blush. I can feel the blush creeping on my face and turn away. I hear a low chuckle from him and he starts the car and we drive away from the parking lot. 

The ride there is silent but comfortable silence. 

Soon we arrive at the fancy restaurant and he opens the passenger door for me. He takes my hand in his and we start walking. He already has a reservation set so the waiter lets us inside.

The waiter pulls out the seat for me and I can see Carlos give a menacing glare towards his way. 

A waiter then arrives with menus. I skim through the menu and order my food.

"I would like a steak with barbeque sauce please," I say with a smile. I water nods and smiles at me. Then he turns his attention to Carlos who doesn't look too pleased with our waiter. 

"I'll get the house special today," Carlos says with a glare. 

The waiter takes our menus and looks back at me.

"Any drinks for you this beautiful?" He asks me.

Did he just call me beautiful? I shake my head no and he takes out menus and walks away.

I look at Carlos who gives a death stare to our waiter.

"What's wrong?" I ask him gaining his attention.

"That boy was flirting with you." He says with a duh tone.

"No, he did not stop overreacting," I say trying to ease the tension.

"He so was, "He says.

"Leave it be Carlos," I say with a serious expression on my face.

"Fine, only because you told me to amore." He says his face softening. 

After a few minutes of Carlos and I chatting about things, our waiter comes back and places our meals in front of us. He gives me a small wink before walking away.

I look at Carlos who's hand-formed into a fist. He mutters something under his breath I don't quite understand.

Carlos POV

"Lo ucciderò," I mutter under my breath. (I will kill him). Making sure Lily didn't hear.

The night went smoothly after. The little waiter was still flirting with her but I try not to lose my cool. I don't want to make a scene in front of Lily. 

I will just find some other way and time to get back at that so-called waiter for flirting with my girl.

------------

This episode is a bit short but I hope you guys enjoyed it!