Chapter 7

The next day I arrive back at work. Dom hands me any papers I left behind yesterday and get straight to work. Jamie is here yet again at my desk.

"So, did you ask him about your job payment yet?" She asks with a totally fake smile on her face. Right, the payment. Who could forget?

"Umm, I was just about to Jamie," I say with also a fake smile.

"Good, let me know what he says," Jamie says and walks away. Geez. That girl is a pain in my ass. Why did Carlos hire her again?

I reluctantly stand up from my desk and start walking towards Carlos' office. With my personal assistant Dom trailing behind me. At least Jamie never questioned that.

"Where are you going ma'am?" Dom asks me. 

"I'm going to see the boss," I say. Dom and I enter the elevator. It's kinda awkward.

I reach his office and knock on the door. I hear a faint 'enter' and I do so. He is typing on his computer when he looks up at me and smiles. He closes his laptop and gestures for me to sit. I do so.

"How can I help amore?" He asks me kindly.

I ignore his nickname and say, "Umm I was wondering why you're paying me so much?" I ask him.

"hmmm." He says and stands up looking out the window of the beautiful San Diego city. It's quiet for a moment until he breaks the silence.

"Why ask this question amore?" He says quietly. 

"Well I'm just curious," I say back.

He turns around and stalks towards me. Making my move back in my seat. "Who asked you about it?" He asks me close to my face.

"N-no one," I say. He does not believe me one bit. But luckily he lets that slide and answers my question.

"Because I want to," he says close to my face.

"But why? I mean the other people don't get as much as I do." I respond. He goes silent for a moment. His eyes piercing right through mine.

"Fine, if you aren't satisfied with how much the others get paid I will have to do something about that," he says.

"I never said that. I'm just asking you why I get paid this much," I say to him. "Why not just lower my job payment?" I ask back. he goes silent yet again before he turns back to face me.

"Because you don't deserve low amore." He replies softly. 

"Oh," I say. Well shit. I get up from my chair and leave his office without another glance back. I see from the corner of my eye Dom nodding towards Carlos and walks after me.

*********

The next day I head back to work. I work 3 days in a row and get the rest of the days off. I really like this schedule. Even though I do have to wake up early on the days I do work.

I head to my desk hoping that Jamie doesn't bother me today. But no such luck as she skips to my desk with a wide smile on her face. I put on the best smile I can muster and face her.

"Jamie, it's so so lovely to see you. Here. At my desk. Again." I say with sarcasm.

"Thank you, Lily. You are the best!" She says and hugs me awkwardly.

"I didn't even do anything," I say.

"But of course you did. All of us got a raise so now we each get paid just as much as you now!" She squeals in excitement. 

Did it even matter in the first place? I'm using my money to help pay rent for my friends. "It's not such a big deal," I shrug off.

She turns back to face me, this time an expression I can't tell. Jealousy? She leans in close to my ear. "Listen you little brat, I know you're sleeping with boss so quit it or you'll regret that k?" She threatens me. 

Then she flips her hair and walks away. Well that was unexpected.

Then realization dawned on me. Wait- did she just say we all get paid as much as I do? Carlos gave everyone a raise because of me? I need to have a talk with him. I get up from my desk and head towards Carlos' office. 

I don't even bother knocking on his door.

"Ah yes, amore. Just barge into my office without knocking." He says with sarcasm. 

"Why did you give everyone a raise?" I ask.

"Why not?" He replies with a smirk on his face.

"I told you, just bring down my job payment," I reply back.

"And I told you that you don't deserve low amore," He says. 

"Now I feel bad," I say with a sad look on my face.

"Don't be, I wanted to do that." He says calmly.

"Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" I ask.

"Well, there is one thing." He says with a smirk on his face.

He better not be thinking what I think he's thinking. No way in hell. I'd just have to quit my job after then. "No," I say crossing my arms.

"No what?" He asks me. 

"I know what you're thinking. And no." I say again. He stands up from his desk and stalks towards me and leans in close to my face.

"Go on a date with me. Allow me to take you out." He says.

Wow, I did not expect that to come. Me, going on a date with my boss? I'm not sure that's a good idea. But I guess if that's what he wants. He did give every single person in here a raise. I sigh and answer him.

"Okay fine, just one date," I say.

His face lights up and he says, "How about tomorrow same time?"

I nod my head and he excuses me from the office. I am going on another date with Carlos? What is going on with me?

-------------

Chapter 7! Hope you guys enjoyed this. What do you think will happen next? Don't forget to vote :)