Chapter 26

Lily's POV

The next day Madi, Jules, and I arrive at my little coffee shop place. I dress appropriately. 

The nice old lady, Gretta, allows me in and shows me how to work the cashier and make the most simple drinks

The nice old lady, Gretta, allows me in and shows me how to work the cashier and make the most simple drinks. Madi and Jules watch from the sidelines.

"Okay, you two would you be so kind to help your friend practice?" Gretta asked ever so kindly to my two friends. They line up behind the cashier.  Gretta gives me thumbs up.

"Hi, I'm.......Sarah. Can I have a latte please?" Jules asks me with a smile.

"Of course, coming right up," I say. I manage to work the easier with a little help from Gretta who starts making Jules' drink. Madi comes up next.

"Hello, can I have an iced coffee please?" Madi asks me.

 "No problem and your name?" I ask her.

"Umm, Amanda," She says. I make her drink.

"So, how did I do?" I ask the girls.

"You did wonderful darling," Gretta says with a smile on her lips.

"This drink is amazing Gretta," Jules says.

"Thank you, dear, it's on the house," Gretta says and walks back behind the counter. "Lily you can take a break for now until the next customers come,"

"Okay," I say and sit down on one of the coffee tables with Madi and Jules. The bell of the door rings and I take my spot behind the counter. I put on my smile.

"Hi welcome," I greet the next customer. I look at the door to see Jordan and Chase strolling in.

"Oh, it's just you guys," I say.

"Hello, ma'am can I have a black coffee please?" Chase asks with a smile.

"Sure and you?" I turn to ask Jordan.

"Umm, I'll take a cold brew coffee thanks," He says.

"Your names?" I ask them.

"Seriously? Come on you know our names,"

"Your names?" I ask more seriously.

"Fine, put down the sexiest man alive," Jordan says with a smirk and they start laughing.

"Okay, that'll be $8.30," I say. They hand me the money and I put them in the cash register. Gretta had already started making their drinks for them.

******

Unknown POV

"Sir, we've got their location," One of my guards says.

"Good, keep an eye on her make sure you don't lose her out of sight," I order. They nod and walk back out of the door. 

I check the camera footage location tracker and find her. 

"Hmmm, a friendly coffee shop I see," I say to myself a smile forming on my lips. 

******

Lily's POV

We close the shop for the day. Madi, Jules, Chase, and Jordan had stayed with me the whole day. It wasn't as busy so it was just chill. I enjoyed working there. I told Gretta that I'd close the shop tomorrow but she declined my offer. I insisted since she's been helping me and all and she agrees.

We return home and I take a quick shower putting my pajamas on.

I snuggle up in bed. Then I hear the door slowly opens and the person goes into the bathroom. I just know it's Carlos. After a few minutes, I feel the bed dip beside me and an arm wrap around my waist. Pulling me close to his body. 

I turn around to face him. 

"Yes amore," He says with his eyes closed. 

"You look tired," I say softly. He has bags under his eyes and his hair looks all ruffled up. Which makes him look like he has;t slept in ages.

"I've just been worrying about you going down to the coffee shop, that's all," He mumbles.

"Wait, you didn't order Chase and Jordan to come to guard me did you?" I ask.

He sighs. "Did you?" I ask again.

He sits up, "Of course I did Lily, someone's after you and it's dangerous enough as it is," He says loudly.

"You could've told me if you didn't trust my surroundings," I say trying to explain.

"Lily, I have guards for a reason. Only to protect the people I love," He says. Wait, did he just admit that he loves me? Or am I just hearing things?

"You love me?" I ask quietly. He cups my face in his hands.

"Of course I love you," He says his tone softer.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him nervously. He loves me.

"I show you every day," And with that, he kisses me passionately. I break the kiss and look into his eyes. A small smile appears on my lips.

"I love you too," I say. I see his lip curve upward into a smile and he kisses me again. 

Carlos POV

"--. Only to protect the people I love," I say without even realizing I just told her that I loved her. And I do. She goes silent for a moment.

"You love me?" She asks quietly I cup her cheeks and look down at her. I love this girl to death. 

"Of course I do," I say.

"Why didn't you tell me?" "I show you every day," I say and kiss her until she breaks the kiss. I'm nervous right now. I just told the love of my life that I loved her and I don't even know if she feels the same way. A small smile appears on her lips.

"I love you too," She says. I smile and for the first time, I have something to live for. I have someone to finally call mine forever. I lean down and smash my lips on her. At this moment, I know that now I can never ever let her go. 

----------

They just said they loved each other. How cute. I hope you guys are enjoying these a little longer chapters.