I. I Know You

IN WHICH ARAMINTA JOINS THE CADET CORPS!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER ONE

*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER ONE

       "THE 104TH CADET CORPS CLASS entrance ceremony will now begin!" Araminta stood with her hands behind her back, chin raised high as her eyes bore into the bald man that stood before them

       "THE 104TH CADET CORPS CLASS entrance ceremony will now begin!" Araminta stood with her hands behind her back, chin raised high as her eyes bore into the bald man that stood before them. His head shimmered with sweat droplets, reminding her of a freshly laid egg glimmering under the sun. The first thing she noticed about her commander was that he was, without a doubt, a very ugly man.

It had already been two years since Shiganshina fell, and along with it Wall Maria. She had been lucky enough to have not seen her mother shipped off in the lame attempt to retake the wall, though she knew others weren't as fortunate. She also knew that's the reason most of the other cadets were there, to avenge the deaths of their loved ones and whatnot. After all, wasn't that partially why she was here?

Honestly, she wasn't sure what had brought her there. Part of it was simply because she was young and healthy, and could prove to be a good asset for the military. Another part of it was she was sick of being stuck in the small apartment taking care of her mother and watching her rot away. She also vowed that she would figure out the secrets of the Titans, so that was a part of it as well. The final, most probable reason, possibly had something to do with Marina's old goal to join the Scout Regiment.

The reason why she was there didn't matter though. What did matter was that she was here, at the break of dawn listening to this ugly middle aged man ramble on about the 104th Cadet Corps Class!

"You have the misfortune of having me, Keith Shadis as your commander! I do not welcome you warmly!" He announced, and Araminta internally rolled her eyes. So dramatic. It was an induction ceremony, it wasn't like they were going to rush into battle right at this second.